Two different DVD versions? Which one to get?

Sherry's journey across Europe

Topic author
kzm007
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 20, 2010 6:37 am

How does the Festival version differ from the later version; does anyone know exactly? Amazon says the FV is 98 minutes with two discs, and the other DVD is 101 min., with only one disc. I'm still on the fence over which is best to buy...and please don't say both unless there's a valid reason :D

Thanks for any help - Kegan
I've always been fond of pages, the bibliophile that I am; Ellen's simply another Page, albeit of a more fascinating novel - one of the better stories in the many of my life.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jan 20, 2010 8:16 am

I really suggest to check out EPO's fan corner for this. I know the runtime apparently differs, but I can't remember any new scenes or something. Besides, the festival edition, which is hard to find by the way, has only one disc just like the release by Strand Releasing.
[Update] I've checked both DVDs - only and especially for you - and found out that the running time is the same (1:38:32 [including credits]). That means the data for the release by Strand Releasing isn't correct
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
kzm007
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 22, 2010 11:36 am

Thank you very much, sir :) shame about a typo on a DVD case, but at least the DVD's available I guess.
I've always been fond of pages, the bibliophile that I am; Ellen's simply another Page, albeit of a more fascinating novel - one of the better stories in the many of my life.