Intense

Sherry's journey across Europe

Topic author
crazy burgers
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Intense

Post by crazy burgers » Nov 17, 2008 12:23 am

This was actually my first film that I had seen Ellen Page in. My girlfriend bought it off amazon, I think and we watched it. This was one of those films where I discreetly clenched my jaw and quietly exhaled in an intense emotion from watching these characters and the actors portraying them. Brilliance. And to see Page actually shave her hair off, amazing. Now in this day of acting, most won't actually shave their hair off but to wear a bald cap. Neddless to say, I became a fan of Page after watching this film, seeing her dedication.
Even as a member of the walking dead, I was not yet forsaken.

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Re: Intense

Post by happytimeharry » Nov 17, 2008 12:26 am

"Intense" is definitely a good word to describe it. I have to be honest, I hated this movie the first time I saw it. I don't know what it was, but I just plain didn't like it. I watched it a few more times and gave it a fighting chance and it eventually grew on me. Now it finds itself in my DVD collection, which is a tough place for a movie to get to. :p
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Post by Lori » Nov 17, 2008 12:55 am

As I have mentioned many times on the old board, I watched this once and that will be the only time. It's not that I didn't like it, I thought it was brilliantly acted however, some of the scenes made me feel very bad and I was left thinking about it for a long time afterwards. No need to put myself through that again but it's definitely worth the watch...

Welcome to the board crazy burgers :D
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Post by CinemaDust » Nov 17, 2008 3:02 am

I love Mouth to Mouth and yes it IS intense. But I could watch it again. Unlike American Crime. Which I pretty much feel the same way about AC, the way Lorz feels about Mouth to Mouth.

Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Post by Chelsea » Nov 17, 2008 3:48 am

It was really amazing... you lost the idea of them being actors. It hit me even harder when I realized that it is partially based on real life experiences!
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Post by bluetoes591 » Nov 17, 2008 3:55 am

Yeah, I've only seen Mouth to Mouth once, but its the most vivid in my memory of all Ellen's movies. I've been meaning to see it again...gotta do that.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Topic author
crazy burgers
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Post by crazy burgers » Nov 17, 2008 5:10 am

It is a film that is so intense you feel you can not watch again because it is too overwhelming, that is how I felt watching that unspeakable scene in Boy's Don't Cry. I felt I could not put myself throught that, given what I had been through, but I forced myself to watch it again, and that film is now in my collection. I just admire Page for putting herself through this character at a young age, as I also give kudos to Hilary Swank, or any actor to portray such difficult situations to show to the world.
Even as a member of the walking dead, I was not yet forsaken.

Just
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Post by Just » Nov 18, 2008 10:15 am

I agree Lori, for me it's definitely one of those films i'd watch once and not be bothered about watching again.

Robert
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by Robert » Jan 13, 2009 9:20 am

I liked it but at the same time I didn't. It kind of made me feel bad in some sort of way. It's a good movie, so I'll probably watch it again later down the road when I'm bored or something heh.. Other than that, this isn't the best movie she's played in. One of the best parts was when you got to see Natasha Wightman's boobs :D lol.. anyways off to bed!
Knowledge is power and without power, you're nobody. -Self

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

**SPOILER**

Post by JerseyDevil65 » Jul 14, 2009 2:24 pm

I finally saw the movie last night and I agree with Lori, I really see no reason to see it again.

I thought it was good but that sex scene between Sherry and Harry literally turned my stomach. It was totally sad that her first time had to be like that. And the way he treated her afterwards just pissed me off.

Ellen just made me care so much about this character, it felt like it was happening to someone I knew.

Jeff.
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Intense

Post by Jeff. » Jul 14, 2009 3:03 pm

I agree, it´s a movie I don´t plan on watching again, though I do not regret watching it. It's a good movie, the actors did a great job, but it's not a pleasant watch, which I think was intended.

zane
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Intense

Post by zane » Jul 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Jeff. wrote:I agree, it´s a movie I don´t plan on watching again, though I do not regret watching it. It's a good movie, the actors did a great job, but it's not a pleasant watch, which I think was intended.
i have to say the actors in boys dont cry they were amazing,but like you said i cant watch it again. the first time i watched it i actually broke my tv screen becasue of what was going on,and i swore id never watch it again,then my ex made me watch it with her becasue she never seen it but luckily this time i didnt break a tv i just left. but thats good that the actors chould portray them to make me feel the charector that much, and i still have yet to see mouth to mouth and i want to real bad

chuck dee

Mouth To Mouth, I need some air!!!

Post by chuck dee » Mar 10, 2011 1:41 am

Actually, of the many Ellen performances, Mouth to Mouth offers some very rewarding moments. For me, I think the film captures her with the last of her baby fat. She is absolutely adorable when she dances with her mother, and in the last scenes where she walks off with her friend. I think she looks so funny without her hair. I mean, she looks so much like a boy, that it is something only a brave actor would do. But, she also has some curves in her frumpy fatigues. I think the dark aspects of the film is a turn-off. The little boy who has the fatal accident and is discarded. This is not something a group of idealists would likely allow, and the film is oh so grubby. I mean, you have Ellen, who always sparkles, and here she is a grubby hippy. Still, try watching the movie again. I know you will see stuff you never noticed before.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Intense

Post by AddisonTea » Mar 13, 2011 8:30 am

it's beliveable. that's what counts.