Heist Society

Mrs. Ashboro's Cat, Wilby Wonderful, Marion Bridge & Co

Topic author
GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Jul 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Drew Barrymore is in talks with Warner Bros. to direct a new film called 'Heist Society' which tells the story of a teen girl trying to balance her school and family's criminal activities. She's asked Shauna Cross (writer of Whip It) to adapt the original book to make the teen girl more of a "twenty-something".

Yes this is just a rumour, but I'm thinking this entire thing is screaming Ellen's name.

Source(s): http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0680983/news#ni12338055
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 01, 2011 7:32 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Drew Barrymore is in talks with Warner Bros. to direct a new film called 'Heist Society' which tells the story of a teen girl trying to balance her school and family's criminal activities. She's asked Shauna Cross (writer of Whip It) to adapt the original book to make the teen girl more of a "twenty-something".

Yes this is just a rumour, but I'm thinking this entire thing is screaming Ellen's name.

Source(s): http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0680983/news#ni12338055
Would love to see Drew and Ellen make another film together. Whip It was good....and deserved better box office

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 02, 2011 5:13 am

This does have some potential, I'll definitely keep on eye on new developments.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jul 02, 2011 5:58 am

I'm liking this idea quite a bit. Could just as easily be done with an ivy leaguer balancing that life with family criminal life.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 05, 2011 6:52 am

I like the idea, but for now I'm going to just consider it a distant possibility. Not only is it not confirmed, it's not even confirmed that if it were made Ellen would be in it. Sounds cool though.