Mrs. Ashboro's Cat, Wilby Wonderful, Marion Bridge & Co

Topic author
plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Nov 22, 2010 12:38 pm

... apparently.

According to Sarah Polley's Wikipedia Page, Ellen stars in her new movie:
[...] She will take director duties again with a project called "The Best So Far", an indie production starring Ellen Page, about a small town Canadian girl (Page) who is dedicated to Judo and dreams about participating on the 1988 Olympics. [...]
The movie is not listet on IMDb, maybe it's already cancelled but it sounds interesting.
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Don't get too exited. It's most likely a hoax. Here's the text that was originally posted:
She will take director duties again with a project called "The Best So Far", an indie production starring Ellen Page, about a small town canadian girl (Page) who is dedicated to Judo and dreams about participating on the 1988 Olympics. The film will focus not only on Page's character, but also on her ultimate rival, a Judo champion whom Page gets to face on the Judo match finals and be defeated by. Although rivals, both girls get to understand, during their intense fight, how they are similar, in spite of their differences. As of september, 2010, Jennifer Connelly expressed interest in playing the character of Page's rival. The film is being described as a "female version of Rocky", in the sense that Ellen Page's character does get an awful beating, but refuses to give up, taking the match through its whole grueling ten minutes, and thus gains self-respect. Besides Connelly and Page, veteran canadian actor William Hope is cast as Page's father. The picture is to be produced by Fortissimo Pictures and expect to be shot sometime in the fall of 2011.
The author basically gives away the ending saying Ellen's character will be defeated in the final fight :sweating2: Isn't this a bit suspicious and illogical? Also if this is a real thing, serious sites like Variety or The Hollywood Reporter would have reported anything about it meanwhile, wouldn't they?!
[Update] UPDATE
I've done some further research and found that the information was added by an user from Brazil. Not very trustworthy, if you ask me :D

There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 22, 2010 2:18 pm

As of september, 2010, Jennifer Connelly expressed interest in playing the character of Page's rival.
Jennifer Connelly turns 40 years old this December .... I'm just saying :wink:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 22, 2010 2:23 pm

I think it's a fair statement that Wikipedia is not the most reliable source out there.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 22, 2010 3:03 pm

JimH wrote:
Good point, Sherlock! :thumbsup: That's another argument against making such a movie. Furthermore, Connelly is 5'7 and Ellen something about 5'1. Wouldn't that be an unequal fight? Image Anyway, time will tell. :)
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
plexus
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Nov 22, 2010 4:45 pm

:hmmmm: I should have put a question mark behind the topic.

Since nobody seemed to know anything about this movie, I too was wondering if it's true.
Last edited by JimH on Nov 22, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added "?" to the title of your first post: JimH :-)
Beware! Reading jeopardizes stupidity!

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 22, 2010 4:52 pm

I've heard this somewhere else before, about a month ago but I'm not sure where. :tart:

Sounds like Hollywood myth to me, but it would fun to see Ellen Judo-ing it up, and it sounds like the sort of role she would take, being into sports and such.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Lets hope it is not a hoax....it would be great for Ellen to work with Sarah Polley....whose last directing effort "Away From Her" got some Oscar nominations...and was a very good movie.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 23, 2010 3:10 am

JimH wrote:
As of september, 2010, Jennifer Connelly expressed interest in playing the character of Page's rival.
She still looks good. :)

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 23, 2010 3:50 am

JerseyDevil65 wrote:
JimH wrote:
She still looks good. :)
Yeah she's lovely - and she could probably sell the part through movie magic and stunt doubles, so who knows :rolleye:

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Nov 23, 2010 5:53 am

wiki stinks. you can make your own page look legit. people can edit everything. you know.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 23, 2010 11:43 am

Meh who knows, honestly I'm content just waiting for Super and Freeheld she can take all the time she wants finding her next big movie role.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Also, Catherine Hardwicke is doing press for Red Riding Hood very soon, then it's on to Freeheld so I doubt Ellen would have time before then to launch herself into the heavy training probably required for this movie.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Vinay-01
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 24, 2010 6:49 am

well apparently Google has it that she is going to be in the movie "the best so far".

maybe, maybe not

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 24, 2010 8:53 am

Wikipedia had that entered too, obviously lacking any sort of citation. I don't normally edit Wikipedia but I was quick to delete that bit of info from it.

Vinay-01
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 24, 2010 9:05 am

she never mentioned it when she was interviwed by Collider shortly after Inception was released though

She did talk about Freeheld , Super, and Tilda but never this movie

So maybe this movie just fell through the works..

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Mmmm, I saw that interview too ^^ And it can't be that she didn't have enough information about it, because she talked a little about the Michel Gondry project which doesn't even have a story yet.

Vinay-01
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 25, 2010 7:04 am

yep ..seems like a fantasy story for kids though...not sure if thats the direction she should be going

Im a bit sceptical about her doing a TV show though...she is a big fan of Diane Keaton, but hollywood producers tend to label a actor as a TV or movie actor.. she has such a fantastic movie career ahead of her... Even though i dont think it will have an impact on her career, i think its risky anyway

Its ok to be a writer for a TV show..like "stich "n Bitch" but stay away from the cameras Ellen!

Unfortunaterly she already shot the pilot for Tilda , so maybe time will tell..

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 25, 2010 7:29 am

Vinay-01 wrote:yep ..seems like a fantasy story for kids though...not sure if thats the direction she should be going

Im a bit sceptical about her doing a TV show though...she is a big fan of Diane Keaton, but hollywood producers tend to label a actor as a TV or movie actor.. she has such a fantastic movie career ahead of her... Even though i dont think it will have an impact on her career, i think its risky anyway

Its ok to be a writer for a TV show..like "stich "n Bitch" but stay away from the cameras Ellen!

Unfortunaterly she already shot the pilot for Tilda , so maybe time will tell..
Times have changed - original movies and series for cable tv networks such as HBO and AMC are now sought out by A-List actors and directors. But, lets not get off topic in this thread. :yellowink: