Donator
Donator

Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm

Thanks for the pics and good luck!

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 19, 2010 7:17 pm

The Amazon version is very different from the Ouat version. I might have to pick one up in the future.

Thanks for the pics Kegan.

kzm007
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 19, 2010 8:02 pm

No problem :) And how are they different? I'm assuming just the label on the disc and the DVD cover art?

Speaking of which, would someone be kind enough to PM me scans of the Ouat disc label and one of the DVD case cover, if those are the only differences (To make sure we understand each other, I mean scan the disc label, and also take the cover art out of the plastic, flatten it, scan a copy so the front, spine, and back show, and then email me the JPEG files, please)? I'm happy to do the same with my copy :) I'd like to have more than just a bland white DVD in my collection.

Ellen isn't even mentioned on the case, which I found odd. Seems like that would be a selling point worth noting. Amazon's copy runs for 16 minutes, 58 seconds, for what it's worth.

I also did the math. I paid $19.95 on Amazon; I would've done better ordering from Canada :rolleyes: I got ripped off, in my opinion.

That's why I lowered my price and am offering to price match my copy. CreateSpace is print on-demand, but that still seems high for what's essentially a bootleg anyway. I just wanted to see the film - it could easily be thrown in as an extra on one of her movies.

Just my thoughts, though. Anyone that wants it, anywhere in the world, here it is for $15 USD shipped. At least it's for a personal good cause :) at least I'd hope I could be considered one.

Thanks - Kegan
I've always been fond of pages, the bibliophile that I am; Ellen's simply another Page, albeit of a more fascinating novel - one of the better stories in the many of my life.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jan 19, 2010 9:06 pm

kzm007 wrote:No problem :) And how are they different? I'm assuming just the label on the disc and the DVD cover art?

Speaking of which, would someone be kind enough to PM me scans of the Ouat disc label and one of the DVD case cover, if those are the only differences (To make sure we understand each other, I mean scan the disc label, and also take the cover art out of the plastic, flatten it, scan a copy so the front, spine, and back show, and then email me the JPEG files, please)? I'm happy to do the same with my copy :) I'd like to have more than just a bland white DVD in my collection.
You can find a scan of the Ouat! Media edition here in the gallery and Kevin posted a photo on the first page of this thread. Furthermore, thanks for the information. I just ordered my copy :)
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 19, 2010 11:13 pm

kzm007 wrote: but that still seems high for what's essentially a bootleg anyway.
I assume Ouat owns the rights to the movie so if you buy it from them, its not a bootleg.

kzm007
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Agreed, but as I said, it's a CreateSpace DVD through Amazon; Ouat was probably involved, yes; my comment about it being a bootleg simply referred to the fact that the cover and disc art was so plain, and it was burnt onto a DVD-R. I was half-joking, but honestly, I expected it to look different.

I'll probably end up buying direct once this copy sells, as I saw some of their other offerings, and some seem intriguing.

I like the version I saw someone else post, with the black background and her on the cover, and I assume that's Ouat's version. Dunno why Amazon couldn't be bothered to include the same, and maybe justify my price, at least a little.

It's an interesting little movie though, and I copied it onto my hard drive in case I don't have the disc handy.

I plan to watch it a few more times, because I'm still unsure about the whole premise of the film, and I delved into it from a writer's perspective; there's a deeper meaning to these 20 minutes, and I like trying to decipher exactly what that is.

Hell, maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Kegan
I've always been fond of pages, the bibliophile that I am; Ellen's simply another Page, albeit of a more fascinating novel - one of the better stories in the many of my life.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 18, 2010 6:16 pm

From what it says on Amazon, they seem to make it on request so they just copy it every time they get an order. I'm a bit anxious though since I've never bought from the US Amazon before and it works out at about £20 with import tax and delivery. Can anyone clear-up all this DVD-R business? Does it play like a normal region 1 DVD? Is it worth getting for that amount or shall I just leave my life INCOMPLETE and not bother?
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 18, 2010 8:48 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Can anyone clear-up all this DVD-R business?
Like you wrote, they burn the movie on disc on demand. There's also no real cover art, just a black/white printing with the title, cast, director, producer etc.
GiveHimTheKick wrote:Does it play like a normal region 1 DVD?
They use DVD recordables that have no region code restrictions ;)
GiveHimTheKick wrote:Is it worth getting for that amount or shall I just leave my life INCOMPLETE and not bother?
Gosh :eek: That's a though decision. :verydoubtful: At the end, it's up to you to decide if you want to spend this amount of money for a short movie. If I were you, I would try to get a copy through Ouatmedia, which might be the cheaper option.
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 19, 2010 7:36 pm

The only problem with Ouatmedia is that it would be a rather obscure payment method which would be very difficult to arrange for myself, being of a rather young age. :rolleye:

Anyway, thanks ever so much for your help, and I shall now go into thinking hibernation. ;)
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 19, 2010 9:08 pm

If you think you want to add it to your collection, then you should buy it while its available. Don't take it for granted that it will be available forever, you could end up being disappointed. Just my 2 cents.

valap
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Apr 24, 2014 9:18 am

I found all the EP movies except for TWS. Love That Boy and Touch & Go I bought from Canada. Going For Broke I buy from Poland. Help me out. From where it is possible to buy The Wet Season? Has anyone recently bought this movie somewhere? Thanks!
:) + :)= :) :)

vlad
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Apr 24, 2014 5:37 pm

valap wrote:I found all the EP movies except for TWS. Love That Boy and Touch & Go I bought from Canada. Going For Broke I buy from Poland. Help me out. From where it is possible to buy The Wet Season? Has anyone recently bought this movie somewhere? Thanks!
I took my copy on Ouat Media (you can find it on google) some years ago. But the cover of my dvd is totally different than the black cover that you can see on this website. I don't know why, but is original too, because I found the same edition on Amazon.
Maybe you can try to contact them, because I can't find the webpage of the dvd.
Credo che tutto sommato, il Paradiso possa attendere.

valap
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Apr 25, 2014 7:44 am

Thanks vlad. I sent an e-mail but have not yet received a reply.
:) + :)= :) :)