"The Wet Season" on DVD

Mrs. Ashboro's Cat, Wilby Wonderful, Marion Bridge & Co

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Aug 15, 2009 6:54 pm

For Canadians who absolutely have to own this short film, know this:

The company is rather small and not in the business of selling DVDs. So there will be no negotiating the price or mode of payment whatsoever. You will have to pay 15 Canadian Dollars via mailed cheque. They'll send you a DVD-R with a video transfer on it.
Still interested?
Go to http://www.ouatmedia.com
Please be patient and remember these people take time away from their real jobs to do Ellen Page fans a favour.

And for non-Canadians I suggest getting some canadian friends...

Thanks to Dominik for pointing the way.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

I know a guy in Canada that I trade hockey fight videos with and he owes me a favor. Its time to call in that favor.

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Not too many takers, huh?

Glad to be of service anyway.

Maybe you could let me know, if everything went smoothly?

Kevin Kumar-Misir
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Sep 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Bifrons wrote:Not too many takers, huh?

Glad to be of service anyway.

Maybe you could let me know, if everything went smoothly?
Thank You for the Info Bifrons!, and "Dominik for pointing the way." I've gladly received my copy last month! :totalhappy: Although the film is 18 Minutes long it is still great to experience. Ouat! Media were really nice about it and they were great to deal with.

Pic :hey: =
I've Ordered "Ghost Cat" the other day, Now all I have to do is wait for that!

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 21, 2009 5:25 pm

For anyone outside of Canada who might be interested, I e-mailed Ouat Media to ask if they would ship to the USA and they said that they would, so my DVD is on the way. :)

Thanks to Bifrons and Dominik.

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Sep 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Hey, that's great!

What mode of payment did you use?

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Bifrons wrote:Hey, that's great!

What mode of payment did you use?
I mailed a check, I offered to send an Int'l money order but they said a check was fine.

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Sep 21, 2009 8:12 pm

JerseyDevil65 wrote:
I mailed a check, I offered to send an Int'l money order but they said a check was fine.
Cool, really great people.
Well, I just assumed they wouldn't accept US checks. My bad...

Thanks for the pic, Kevin.
I didn't opt for express delivery, so I'll have to wait weeks longer for "Ghost Cat". :(

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 09, 2009 10:47 pm

My DVD came in the mail today. Probably watch it tonight. :)

rburton1228

Oct 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Whoa!!! That is an impressive looking DVD collection in that pic Kevin. I wish mine was like that. I have 4 of her movies. I'm just picky about I like. Especially with how well she performs. I only saw the video Dominik posted of "The Wet Season," and so I might considering ordering a copy to take in the full movie. thanks for the tip guys.

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Oct 11, 2009 2:12 am

Caution!

"The Wet Season" is a short.

It's only about 15 minutes long and you've watched the most impressive scene already.

I wouldn't recommend this as your 5th purchase.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Bifrons wrote:Caution!

"The Wet Season" is a short.

It's only about 15 minutes long and you've watched the most impressive scene already.

I wouldn't recommend this as your 5th purchase.
True, its not Ellen's best work, but this might be the only opportunity to buy the DVD copy. If anyone is interested, I would take advantage while its still available.

SageAndPage
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Just wondering... How long does it take for these people to reply to your e-mail? Anybody have the address to this place, and the name that the check should be made out to? Thanks! I'm a huge fan and would love to get this film!

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 05, 2009 7:08 pm

SageAndPage wrote:Just wondering... How long does it take for these people to reply to your e-mail? Anybody have the address to this place, and the name that the check should be made out to? Thanks! I'm a huge fan and would love to get this film!
Contact them via the website and they will give you all the info you need.

They answered my e-mail the same day.

SageAndPage
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 05, 2009 7:21 pm

http://www.ouatmedia.com/contact.php
The only thing I could find was there contact us page, witch gives there E-mail. I emailed them 4 days ago and have still yet to hear anything...

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 06, 2009 9:40 pm

SageAndPage wrote:http://www.ouatmedia.com/contact.php
The only thing I could find was there contact us page, witch gives there E-mail. I emailed them 4 days ago and have still yet to hear anything...
Like Bifrons said, they are a very small company that doesn't usually sell DVDs. I'd give them more time to respond.

SageAndPage
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 19, 2009 1:32 am

Got my DVD today! Very excited!

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Jan 18, 2010 11:19 pm

The DVD-R is now available through Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Season-Jackie ... 65&sr=1-23

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 19, 2010 1:03 am

Bifrons wrote:The DVD-R is now available through Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Season-Jackie ... 65&sr=1-23
Thanks Bifrons, I wonder if these are different than the ones directly from Ouat.

kzm007
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 19, 2010 6:05 am

I can supply pictures upon request; I am also selling my copy on Amazon at a slightly reduced price; Canadian and international bidders will even get faster shipping if they purchase it from me. Those in the US will of course not have to worry, the USPS is fairly quick, and shipping's about $4 for a DVD.

All items I sell go towards medical bills to help alleviate pains caused by cerebral palsy; I've got a surgery coming up in a bit, so I'm trying to get a little extra cash to cover expenses.

A very interesting film, for such a short running time. Left me feeling a bit uncomfortable, truth be told. Ellen still manages to hold a presence throughout, though she barely has any dialogue.

I'm a seller on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/shops/keganmahon) as well as eBay (http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... gonesatan!), just so you can see my track record and be assured of my honesty.

We could use Amazon, or I am more than happy to sell it here on the boards. I would actually prefer that, to avoid Amazon's ridiculous commission fees, but whatever may be decided is okay by me :) just shoot me a PM if you are interested and please reply here stating if you have done so. We can work out a fair price.

My Amazon listing reads:

"Opened; viewed once. A very interesting short film and Ellen Page holds a screen presence even with the short running time. All proceeds of this sale go towards medical bills for an upcoming surgery to alleviate some mobility difficulties caused by my cerebral palsy; thank you for your patronage! International bidders must pay at least the expedited shipping price, to cover mailing costs out-of-country." - so international buyers' total would be $20.19 USD at the very lowest, but the shipping would be quicker. As I said, we can negotiate the price if there's an interest.
Updated price: $15 USD anywhere in the US or Canada. That way, the price matches, and while Canadians may have no need to buy it from me, those of you in the US can save a few bucks over Amazon's price.

I'll even mark it as a gift on the customs form, and include something for you. Nothing too spectacular, but hopefully it will be appreciated.

Kegan

Postscript: A link to photos of the item's American edition are below, the same one selling on Amazon. I apologize for some of the images' quality; my right hand trembles a little on occasion, and being left-handed, I try to balance it out as best as I can.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 795cfdc348
----
Also, off-topic :D I'm getting annoyed though. Can I PM somebody my photo and have you resize it properly for me, please? I tried it through IrFanview, and had it at 85p by 100p, but it still wouldn't upload. Thank you.
I've always been fond of pages, the bibliophile that I am; Ellen's simply another Page, albeit of a more fascinating novel - one of the better stories in the many of my life.