Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

[News Thread] Ellen Page Fights For ‘Queen & Country’ at Fox

Post by Dominik » Sep 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Ellen Page Fights For ‘Queen & Country’ at Fox
Chernin Entertainment is producing
by Justin Kroll, Film Reporter | September 9, 2013 | 10:30AM PT

Having already suited back up as a mutant in the upcoming Fox pic “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” Ellen Page is now ready to step into spy attire.

The “Juno” thesp is in negotiations to star in the spy action pic “Queen & Country” for Fox.

Based on the comic book by Greg Rucka, the story follows Tara Chace, a British Intelligence agent who tries to stop an international terrorist plot after her identity is compromised and as her personal demons spiral out of control.

Peter Chernin is producing through his Chernin Entertainment banner, along with Jenno Topping. John Rogers is penning the script.

Sources tell Variety that Fox had long wanted give Page a franchise after working with the young actress in various Fox and Fox Searchlight projects. This property gives Page that and could do for Page what the Jason Bourne franchise did to lift Matt Damon’s profile.

This latest project fills a slate that is continuing to keep Page busy through the next year. She is also attached to star and produce “Freeheld,” the drama based on the documentary of domestic partners Stacie Andree and Laurel Hester who struggled to secure pension benefits after Hester was diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Page will also appear in the motion capture video game “Beyond” that bows Oct. 8 for the Sony PlayStation console.

Page can currently be seen in the Lynn Shelton pic “Touchy Feely” with Scoot McNairy and Rosemarie DeWitt and was also recently seen in the Fox Searchlight pic, “The East.” She is repped by WME, Vie Entertainment and Barnes Morris Klein Mark & Yorn.

Source: variety.com
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

sztív
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Post by sztív » Sep 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Great! :veryexited: The story seems interesting, i think this movie could be a big milestone in Ellen's career

Leon123
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Post by Leon123 » Sep 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Sounds like 2014 will be a good year for ep fans!
Not Today!

Jessevolanti1976
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Post by Jessevolanti1976 » Oct 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Ellen will get this part she is more than capable since the movie Super & Beyond. Ellen say's I would love to I'm ready to do an action movie. Miss Page would be an awesome female action actress. :)

-- Oct 10, 2013 2:56 pm --

Well The wall street journal & Ellen Page has just confirmed the she will play the part in the Comic series Queen & Country. I follow Ellen on my Google site so I get all the news on there. Then I'll give you guy's the heads up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyday is a new day - we can change our past - look forward to a better tomorrow ✌

Leon123
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Post by Leon123 » Oct 11, 2013 10:52 pm

well I know whats next in my book shelf. :)
Not Today!

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by JimH » Mar 22, 2014 4:26 am

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ellen ... 201141997/

British director Craig Viveiros has come on board.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Marcus

Post by Marcus » May 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi everyone :) . Here's some news about the project, reporting that the script is currently under rewriting:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/olivi ... 201151089/

Of all ms. Page's projects this is definitely the one I'm looking forward to the most... The source material is really impressive and I hope the director choosen will do a good job, in spite he's not a "big" name of the industry (or maybe exactly because of that ;-)). I've seen his last "The Liability" (with Tim Roth and Peter Mullan), a pretty good gangster movie with a nice British touch, so I'm quite optimist.