Slightly disappointed...

Thriller about a group of eco terrorists

Topic author
CyberGhostface
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Slightly disappointed...

Post by CyberGhostface » Dec 17, 2013 5:30 am

I was hoping with her receiving top billing Ellen's role would have been bigger but I felt her role was pretty small until the end with her scenes with Jamey Sheridan (which were great fwiw)
► Show Spoiler
I read before that she was Skarsgard's character's ex and that there was tension between her and Marling's character but if that was the case then I must have missed it.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Slightly disappointed...

Post by Dominik » Dec 19, 2013 8:29 am

CyberGhostface wrote:I read before that she was Skarsgard's character's ex and that there was tension between her and Marling's character but if that was the case then I must have missed it.
You didn't miss it. I guess this part was cutted out - like many other things (in order to get the PG13 rating). :ohno:
► Show Spoiler
But you are right, Izzy is supposed to be Benji's ex. However, there is not a single hint for that in the final version. We can only hope that Zal Batmanglij decides to release a director's cut one day, which will include the missing 20 minutes. :twinkle:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Slightly disappointed...

Post by bluetoes591 » Apr 23, 2014 4:13 am

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally watched this movie. I was not disappointed. Love Brit Marling's films. :)

I had not read the spoilers in this thread until just now. It was definitely not obvious that they were supposed to be exes, but there was definitely tension between Benji and Izzy. This at least gives some explanation, though cutting out the tension with Sarah kinda makes it a moot point.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.