Film to be titled "The Wrong Picture"?

Ellen gets neurotic for Woody Allen in Rome

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 19, 2011 11:53 pm

According to The Playlist:http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... _picture/#
At the rate Woody Allen works, it’s no surprise that attention has already turned to his next film, rather than the one that’s opening the Cannes Film Festival next month. Well, you will no longer have to use “Woody Allen Fall Project 2011” to describe the movie, as it now has a title.

In an interview Le Journal du dimanche, Allen revealed the film will be called “The Wrong Picture.” Of course, he wouldn’t divulge the plot details but he did quash any rumors that Carla Bruni—who appears in “Midnight In Paris”—would be getting another role in the film saying, “I know it has been rumored recently. But no, she has no intention of becoming an actress. Her participation in ‘Midnight in Paris,’ last year, it was primarily for fun.”

As for the cast he has so far assembled including Jesse Eisenberg, Ellen Page, Alec Baldwin and Penelope Cruz, he says that Eisenberg was “remarkable” in “The Social Network” and Page was a “revelation” in “Juno.” There is more casting to come, with a some Italian thesps to be named.

Filming on “The Wrong Picture” will get underway in Rome this summer and you might as well pencil in another out-of-competition next spring in Cannes for the picture. “Midnight In Paris” kicks off Cannes on May 11th and opens on May 20th in limited release.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 20, 2011 1:48 am

Awesome, I like that title. Thanks for the update Jim!

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Since the title has not been confirmed yet, I added a question mark to the title of this topic.

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 21, 2011 12:02 am

i am so excited for ellen to be in a woody allen picture, its about TIME! :whatever: also, havent seen him in a lot of his own movies lately... i sort of prefer it that way these days...but hey... hopefully it turns out good! i'm sure it will with ellen in it =)

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 21, 2011 5:14 am

Woody Allen is a legend, this is a fantastic opportunity for Ellen. Since she was announced to be attached to it I've asked all my friends if they like Woody Allen films, and the common response is "WHO DOESN'T? HE'S A GOD!"

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 22, 2011 12:39 am

Thanks guys for all the new info, just proves how great this site is.

I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of Woody Allen's movies (I did like the one where Mira Sorvino played a prostitute, forget the name) but of course I will watch any movie with Ellen in it.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 22, 2011 2:17 am

Mighty Aphrodite...I think that was the Allen film Mira Sorvino was in (and won an Oscar)

So good that this film is really getting going.

Although I have not seen a lot of Allen films....working with him will be huge for Ellen.

And, you can be sure this will get a wide distribution. From what I have read in the past is that Allen pretty much gets his film released wide, because he makes them at little cost.....the studios make money off of Allen's films

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 22, 2011 3:09 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Mighty Aphrodite...I think that was the Allen film Mira Sorvino was in (and won an Oscar)
Yep, thats it and she deserved that Oscar. :)

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Apr 27, 2011 7:26 am

Woody Allen. Never seen his movies other than by accident. Dry and sorted mishaps. I would rent it if Ellen is to be in it.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 27, 2011 9:09 am

Woah, never seen a Woody Allen movie intentionally? Gotta get on that, he's a legend.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Apr 27, 2011 9:46 pm

you say so :) not me. I dislike his movies and writing.

kzm007
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Apr 28, 2011 2:00 am

Looks intriguing :) nice to pop in from my final exams and see this bit of news. I just bought a few more films for my collection, so it's going to be a good weekend :D thanks for the news.

Hope all are doing well!

Kegan
I've always been fond of pages, the bibliophile that I am; Ellen's simply another Page, albeit of a more fascinating novel - one of the better stories in the many of my life.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 28, 2011 3:45 am

AddisonTea wrote:you say so :) not me. I dislike his movies and writing.
I'm not going by opinion here I'm giving the objective opinions based on his merits and critical success. I thought you meant you'd never seen anything by him, but if you don't like his stuff that's cool.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Apr 28, 2011 8:14 am

cheers. I don't expect you to like Gary Oldman...or Ellen, but you might. It is all opinion. I just dislike the instant classic mentallity we have in pop culture. I think Led Zepplin should shut-up! I think they are who cares.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Apr 29, 2011 10:10 pm

I love Allen's older movies, but his newer flicks aren't usually particularly that good, purely because I've never really agreed with his casting 'til now. Jesse Eisenberg, Alec Baldwin and of course Ellen. Hopefully, it'll be amazing.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jun 10, 2011 6:11 am

This article in Italian from:http://cinema.ilsole24ore.com/film-brev ... 019072.php
is suggesting the title will be "Bella Ciao"
Scamarcio per Allen
L'attore nel film romano di Woody (Bella ciao) che assolda pure gli "italians" Sergio Rubini, Isabella Ferrari, Rocco Papaleo e Massimo Ghini. Ciak ad agosto
Con Riccardo Scamarcio, Sergio Rubini, Isabella Ferrari, Rocco Papaleo e Massimo Ghini che si uniscono al già annunciato Roberto Benigni, si arricchisce la schiera di "italians" che sarà impiegata da Woody Allen nel suo prossimo film - titolo provvisorio Bop Decameron che però dovrebbe diventare Bella ciao - ambientato a Roma. Confermati anche gli "stranieri" Alec Baldwin, Ellen Page, Penelope Cruz, Jesse Eisenberg e Judy Davis.Una commedia sentimentale in quattro episodi - due con gli stranieri, due con gli italiani - che verranno girati nella capitale da agosto. Allen sarà a Roma già da fine giugno per fare i primi sopralluoghi. Produce Medusa.
Sentence in bold translates roughly as: Bop Decameron temporarily but should become Bella Ciao (Hello Beautiful)

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am

AddisonTea wrote:cheers. I don't expect you to like Gary Oldman...or Ellen, but you might. It is all opinion. I just dislike the instant classic mentallity we have in pop culture. I think Led Zepplin should shut-up! I think they are who cares.
I realize this was from a while ago but I'd have to agree, the idea that because something is considered a "classic" it should automatically be accepted as great is nothing short of absurd.