Ellen Page to pen comedy at HBO

Ellen Page's single-camera comedy and writing debut

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Oct 08, 2009 5:22 am

Just found this interesting piece of news:

"Film star Ellen Page is adding a TV writer-producer credit to her resume.

Page has teamed with HBO for "Stitch N' Bitch," a single-camera comedy she will write with two other young actors, Alia Shawkat and Sean Tillmann. "

See The Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 83d1d250c2
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Oct 08, 2009 5:28 am

Wow great find there Jim :thumbsup: Go EP :grooving:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 08, 2009 6:25 am

Wow...awesome news!

So glad Ellen is getting into writing and producing. Of course she has already had some practice with those YouTube videos with Alia and Har Mar :D

Cool if she Alia, Har Mar acted in them, too.

rburton1228

Oct 08, 2009 7:10 am

Gee whiz! Acting, singing, sport athlete, political activist, comedian, now writer? Is there anything our little Ellen can't do guys? She keeps this up, she'll be a friggin Renaissance Woman by the time she's 30. Go you tiny canadian

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 08, 2009 8:15 am

seriously? i thought they were kidding in the david poland interview! lol

Forum Shark
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Oct 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Pretty cool! Do you think she'll be doing any acting in it? (I'm being serious).
"The worst enemy in a battle of the wits is the one who is too witless to comprehend defeat"-JTHM

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Oct 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Forum Shark wrote:Pretty cool! Do you think she'll be doing any acting in it? (I'm being serious).
I think this primarily depends on her own (filming) schedule, but I bet she will at least make (a) guest appearance(s) in it or will be present on the set sometimes.

However, I wonder why they have announced this now (further publicity for "Whip It"?). :haeh:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

BigBigBill
The Biggest Fan
The Biggest Fan

Oct 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Wow! This sounds awesome! One more thing I can't wait for...

This is starting to become overwhelming! But, of course, in a good way!
When she opens her mouth, the universe comes out.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Dominik wrote:
Forum Shark wrote:Pretty cool! Do you think she'll be doing any acting in it? (I'm being serious).
I think this primarily depends on her own (filming) schedule, but I bet she will at least make (a) guest appearance(s) in it or will be present on the set sometimes.

However, I wonder why they have announced this now (further publicity for "Whip It"?). :haeh:
Considering Whip It was originally to be released on Oct 9....its possible that this deal was slated to be mentioned at this time.

Regardless....its awesome that Ellen is now getting into production and writing. The fact that we are going to see more things and different facets from this beautiful lady is just so sweet :totalhappy:

And, I wonder if those little YouTube videos Ellen, Alia, and Har Mar did....were audition tapes ;-)

Also, major :super: to Kelly Bush and all those who work with managing Ellen's career....not too many early-20-somethings get production-writing deals this young....:super:

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Oct 11, 2009 4:30 am

Just speculating ;) but if not Ellen then maybe Olivia Thirlby instead with Alia Shawkat. That casting would have some irony since they're both Ellen's friends - real life and in movies.

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Oct 11, 2009 12:14 pm

JimH wrote:Just speculating ;) but if not Ellen then maybe Olivia Thirlby instead with Alia Shawkat. That casting would have some irony since they're both Ellen's friends - real life and in movies.
I don't think irony's the right word.
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Forum Shark
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Oct 11, 2009 3:02 pm

Nah, that's not really irony, but it's just kind of neat. Irony is when the outcome of something is the opposite of what was expected.
"The worst enemy in a battle of the wits is the one who is too witless to comprehend defeat"-JTHM

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Oct 11, 2009 4:19 pm

LostPilgrim wrote:
JimH wrote:Just speculating ;) but if not Ellen then maybe Olivia Thirlby instead with Alia Shawkat. That casting would have some irony since they're both Ellen's friends - real life and in movies.
I don't think irony's the right word.
Yeah - it didn't seem right but I couldn't think of the correct word. I had the idea when I saw Olivia Thirlby in the new HBO series "Bored to Death" with Jason Schwartzman last night. It seems like movie actors are appearing in HBO TV series more often now.
@Forum Shark: :agreeing:

More info on Stitch N'Bitch from Sean Tillman from City Pages interview - November 3rd., 2009:

http://www.citypages.com/2009-11-04/mus ... ore&page=1

"What are some of your favorite memories from working with Ellen Page and Alia Shawkat?

Tillman: I was really only on set for a few days. That part was shot in Detroit. It was really fun to show up and introduce the cast to my local friends. We ended up having really fun game nights at Meg White's house—Trivial Pursuit and beer. I had been friends with Alia for a while and met Ellen on set. We didn't really start working on ideas together until we all went to Sayulita, Mexico, in a group for New Year's. That's where Stitch N' Bitch was born. We met a few times in L.A. to discuss, then we went to Amsterdam to write the first two episodes. HBO liked what they read, so we are currently developing it with them.

CP: What role are you playing in the production of Stitch N' Bitch?

Tillman: As of now, I'm playing Har Mar. Everyone is playing an amped-up version of themselves, for the most part. I'll be kind of like the Schneider in the girls' apartment building. Ellen and Alia will be Nico and Kyla in a perfect world. That's the idea, but we can't really announce anything official yet because we haven't shot anything yet."