SUPER discussion *possible SPOILERS*

A dark, comedic, gritty and grounded superhero comedy

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 24, 2011 6:33 am

Saw SUPER again tonite at Enzian in Orlando area. Near full house at theatre....and just as funny as the first time. As I watch a second time I noticed how great a job Ellen did as Boltie. Next time you see it watch her eyes...especially as Libby. That scene at Joes Grill (dont make fun of my name) is really hilarious....Airplane-esque

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 24, 2011 3:06 pm

That was a very funny scene.

I wonder how many people watching the movie remember those old Libbys Libbys Libbys commercials.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 24, 2011 4:22 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Next time you see it watch her eyes...especially as Libby.
Yep, that's one of many reasons why her performance was top notch. The comic store and garage scenes are a couple of great examples.

I also noticed that Libby was wearing a scarf in several scenes (comic store, gun store, bedroom while Frank is making bombs), which is very reminiscent of Ariadne in Inception. I wonder if Ellen will do that again in the Woody Allen movie.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

May 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Just saw it last night at SCI-FI-LONDON and I was generally blown away. Ellen's best role to date in my eyes. Gushy is my new favourite adjective.

Did anyone else notice the dance Libby does just before she "has her way" with Frank was ridiculously similar to the one she does in Hard Candy? The shoulder movements?
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 05, 2011 5:08 am

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Did anyone else notice the dance Libby does just before she "has her way" with Frank was ridiculously similar to the one she does in Hard Candy? The shoulder movements?
I didn't notice while watching it, but now that you mention it, that is pretty similar to Hard Candy. Interesting coincidence.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

May 06, 2011 9:45 am

Wow. Watched it tonight. Just wow. Guaranteed cult classic.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Saw SUPER again earlier this week before it leaves the Orlando area. This time, people in the theatre were applauding after the opening credits! No kidding. Never seen that happen.

Like Milo said, SUPER is guaranteed to be a cult classic. I don't know if it will make hundreds of millions of $$$....but it should keep all involved receiving royalty checks for many years to come :D

SageAndPage
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

May 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Saw it last night! It was amazing! I loved it! Ellen's ability to portray any roll never ceases to amaze me! I'll be going back with friends!

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

May 11, 2011 1:40 am

Here's an article discussing how two of the goriest shots in SUPER was achieved:
► Show Spoiler

źdżbełko

Aug 17, 2011 9:38 pm

this production was make me funny gut acting Ms.Ellen and Mr. Rain Willson bad that boltie end sow terible always i philosophy how writers of movies make in order to actor or actress die in scary mode i not wish Ms.Ellen in order to she play in movies like "Texas massacre saw mechanic" because in last part this kiler level jason and freddy cruger was all kill
better no baduway i was in shock that ellen not like play in game pc i not make old for this and because i werry like her
inteligent sweet and with self word :)