First clip from the movie

A dark, comedic, gritty and grounded superhero comedy

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Sep 12, 2010 12:11 am

A scene from James Gunn's Super makes its online debut below, following its midnight screening last night in Toronto.

Starring Rainn Wilson as average Joe who becomes the masked avenger, The Crimson Bolt, Super also stars Ellen Page as his sidekick, Bolty, Liv Tyler as Wilson's character's wife and Kevin Bacon as an evil drug dealer who pulls her away from him.

(Please note, the following clip contains some strong language)

[html]<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://de.sevenload.com/pl/G41mRkU/500x314/swf" width="500" height="314"><param name="allowFullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://de.sevenload.com/pl/G41mRkU/500x314/swf" /></object>[/html]

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net
Last edited by Dominik on Sep 13, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: embedded the clip on EPO ;-)
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 12, 2010 1:31 am

Is it wrong that this clip is making me laugh? :laugh: Just seeing Ellen going batshit crazy is hilarious.

I'm so hyped for this movie, I'd like to just see it with friends though, unfortunately it's gonna be rated R I'm sure so I'll have to deal with the awkwardness of watching people get brained and raped with my parents...

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 12, 2010 1:37 am

From that 1 minute clip I can already see why everyone is saying that Ellen stole the show. Hopefully there will be news soon about a distributor.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 12, 2010 2:12 am

Glee Plane wrote:From that 1 minute clip I can already see why everyone is saying that Ellen stole the show. Hopefully there will be news soon about a distributor.
And then some news about how I can see it as soon as possible, I don't like the idea of waiting for a theatrical release there's gotta be some sort of US premiere.

talkingraisin
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sep 12, 2010 8:50 am

OOOMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG

I just jizzed in my pants.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 12, 2010 1:12 pm

I've seen this clip 4 times in the last hour. Can't get enough.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Joro
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Sep 12, 2010 2:54 pm

God, she's smokin' hot =D
It's not that I don't try being polite, it's just that I fail most of the time.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 12, 2010 6:05 pm

It seems to be circulating well. And it just reached YouTube so hopefully more people will watch it.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 12, 2010 9:49 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:It seems to be circulating well. And it just reached YouTube so hopefully more people will watch it.
Everyone who has a Facebook, make sure to post the video to your wall, you never know how many people you might convince to see it.

I linked everyone to the original video on my FB, but can you send me the link for the video on You Tube? Just makes it more convenient to watch.
Last edited by HeartHer on Sep 13, 2010 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joro
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Sep 12, 2010 11:21 pm

It's not that I don't try being polite, it's just that I fail most of the time.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 13, 2010 3:12 am

Thanks! It turns out a lot more people are watching the video than I thought though, so I guess what I have up is fine. I'll add this to my favorites now though.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Sep 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks for posting that. I will add to my FB. Looks like it's going to be a good film, no question. I'm thinking that Legendary Pictures might pick it up.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 13, 2010 5:25 pm

The clip has been posted twice on YouTube, and has a combined views of roughly 2,000 so that's pretty good for about 1 day.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Oct 21, 2010 5:43 pm

For the YouTube clip go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4DtoZz3KxU
as the video is only for US residents and the alternative is reasonably small and low quality.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 22, 2010 12:38 am

GiveHimTheKick wrote:For the YouTube clip go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4DtoZz3KxU
as the video is only for US residents and the alternative is reasonably small and low quality.
The fact that I was rolling on my bed laughing at the new clip is a testament to how generally jacked up my mind is :lol2:.

"Hey! No butts!"

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Oct 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Fear not! So was I, my 2 friends, my brother and both my parents. What sickos we must be... :P

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 22, 2010 11:10 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Fear not! So was I, my 2 friends, my brother and both my parents. What sickos we must be... :P
Even my friend who admits to being disgusting and laughing at sick stuff was a bit shocked initially... then he laughed his ass off :laugh: .