Get the word out!

A dark, comedic, gritty and grounded superhero comedy

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Oops... banners have been fixed :hey:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 30, 2010 12:03 am

Dominik wrote:Oops... banners have been fixed :hey:
Alrighty then :brightly: .

Hopefully come the TIFF we get some pics of Boltie and the rest, would make the sigs a lot nicer. In the meantime I think we've done a pretty good job with sigs, just make sure you get the word out everyone!

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 30, 2010 12:05 am

Wow great work on those banners. I'm terrible with photo and image editing so I'll just use these. :)

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 30, 2010 12:17 am

Glee Plane wrote:Wow great work on those banners. I'm terrible with photo and image editing so I'll just use these. :)
Haha okay don't be shy to do your best though. Who knows you could magically make the best one on here.

Dom seems to be a lot better at including info (Dom? Has the most info? Nooooo :lol2: ) in his banners than I am so I'll stick to just making the colorful flashy parts now.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 30, 2010 7:08 am

Wow...great work guys....I am such a tech moron but will try to use these banners :super:

Bummer, Dom, that Mr Gunn has not replied on your offers. Your website would be a real help in promoting and helping find a distributor. With the film industry slumping...especially indie film makers, all the help should be taken

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 30, 2010 7:40 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Wow...great work guys....I am such a tech moron but will try to use these banners :super:

Bummer, Dom, that Mr Gunn has not replied on your offers. Your website would be a real help in promoting and helping find a distributor. With the film industry slumping...especially indie film makers, all the help should be taken
The indie film industry's slumping eh? Well I'll make my own independent movie distribution company! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact forget the company!

Seriously though indie movie companies need all the support they can get. At least Gunn liked our banners so we can do a bit of our own marketing with the knowledge that he appreciates the help :totalhappy: .

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Aug 30, 2010 12:09 pm

This is the last bunch of banners. I especially like the last one :loveblind:

There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Aug 30, 2010 2:43 pm

I find it really difficult to convince people to watch a film, although most of them trusted me with Inception and came out pleasantly surprised. I've already got my brother on board, let's go for the whole of the UK!
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Aug 30, 2010 6:53 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:I find it really difficult to convince people to watch a film, although most of them trusted me with Inception and came out pleasantly surprised. I've already got my brother on board, let's go for the whole of the UK!
Find friends who liked Kick Ass, that's working for me. And remember there's always gonna be a sort of butterfly effect (wrong term but I can't think of what else to call it) where you telling just a couple people can spread exponentially, so if you can just convince say 10 people to see it and some feel really enthusiastic about it they'll probably talk about it too and take people along when it comes out.

Dominik wrote:This is the last bunch of banners. I especially like the last one :loveblind:

[ http://i33.tinypic.com/amw6cz.jpg ]

[ http://i35.tinypic.com/2962d55.jpg ]

[ http://i38.tinypic.com/vnfguh.jpg ]
Wow! That last one is fantastic I'm definitely adding that one into my sigs.

My masterpiece sig is done :D . Thanks to Dom for literally every single part of it except the big image (which the crimsonbolt.com gets credit for). Just had to twist a few things around, mix a couple things, and I rotated one banner sideways and rewrote the text vertically, and it suddenly fits! I think it gives all the necessary information for people to look into the movie and it's pretty flashy. I wanted to include Dom's favorite but I couldn't really find a place to put it. Anyway...

Fits in my sig on other websites, with some resizing it should fit in any. I like the "Xbox generation" dealie, I play plenty of video games and post on a site, perfect fit :D .

So to sum all our progress up, here is every promotional pic that has been posted in this thread.

If I missed one let me know. Happy promoting! :biggrin:

I made a poster for Super! The background image of The Crimson Bolt logo isn't very high red because I've yet to obtain a good, big picture of it, but as soon as I have one I'll swap them.

Feel free to add stuff to it if you want, I'm gonna go on a spam spree with it and get this movie seen dammit! :p
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc33 ... 1284422949

I made a poster for Super! The background image of The Crimson Bolt logo isn't very high red because I've yet to obtain a good, big picture of it, but as soon as I have one I'll swap them.

Feel free to add stuff to it if you want, I'm gonna go on a spam spree with it and get this movie seen dammit! :p
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc33 ... 1284422949

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 14, 2010 6:27 pm

In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 14, 2010 9:58 pm

HeartHer wrote:Find friends who liked Kick Ass, that's working for me. And remember there's always gonna be a sort of butterfly effect (wrong term but I can't think of what else to call it) where you telling just a couple people can spread exponentially, so if you can just convince say 10 people to see it and some feel really enthusiastic about it they'll probably talk about it too and take people along when it comes out.
I agree about the Kick Ass association. I'm inviting some friends to watch Kick Ass this weekend, and the real reason I invited them was to promote Super, which will be even better than Kick Ass :D

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 15, 2010 3:42 am

GiveHimTheKick wrote:SUPER now has a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Super-Mov ... all&ref=mf
Nice find, I thought the other page was official but I guess this is is the real deal.

I couldn't help but see Dominik in the list of people following it... but there's no friend request button hahaha. I guess you'd get a ridiculous number of friend requests from people here if there was huh Dom? :longtongue:

Glee Plane wrote:
HeartHer wrote:Find friends who liked Kick Ass, that's working for me. And remember there's always gonna be a sort of butterfly effect (wrong term but I can't think of what else to call it) where you telling just a couple people can spread exponentially, so if you can just convince say 10 people to see it and some feel really enthusiastic about it they'll probably talk about it too and take people along when it comes out.
I agree about the Kick Ass association. I'm inviting some friends to watch Kick Ass this weekend, and the real reason I invited them was to promote Super, which will be even better than Kick Ass :D
Oh it works so perfectly, I've even got people who probably won't like it to see it (they'll think it's "too dark" or some crap :rolleye: ) just because they like Kick Ass.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Sep 15, 2010 5:31 am

The film will do fine. The right people will see the movie and make it successful.

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 15, 2010 6:14 am

AddisonTea wrote:The film will do fine. The right people will see the movie and make it successful.
Hopefully yes but you can't be sure, and even if it does spreading the word helps them get the credit they deserve for all their hard work.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Sep 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Yes I agree. I noticed the EP facebook page has no mention of it. I supplied the link, so we'll see what reaction they have.

Topic author
HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 15, 2010 5:45 pm

AddisonTea wrote:Yes I agree. I noticed the EP facebook page has no mention of it. I supplied the link, so we'll see what reaction they have.
Good idea, Ellen will probably put a link up when she's done with the TIFF craziness and actually has time for a post, but the sooner it's out there the better.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 26, 2010 3:02 pm

AddisonTea wrote:Yes I agree. I noticed the EP facebook page has no mention of it. I supplied the link, so we'll see what reaction they have.
Ellen's facebook page just posted the SUPER link last night. That should provide a boost in spreading the word. :totalhappy:

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Dec 17, 2010 3:44 pm

The new Facebook profiles seem to have been designed so you can create and add banners to the top (where 5 pictures are). It's easy enough to do, just use the 'Profile-Banner' app. I created a very basic SUPER banner which now sits on my profile and is also available on the SUPER Facebook fan-page, but it's easy enough to create your own. The dimensions are 493 x 68 pixels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.