Biggest Winners At Comic-Con (Super mentioned)

A dark, comedic, gritty and grounded superhero comedy

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 28, 2010 7:41 am

From the website i09.....they rated the winners and losers that were previewed at Comic-Con....nice write-up for Super....looks like Super got some good buzz there

http://io9.com/5596813/the-biggest-winn ... e=true&s=i

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jul 28, 2010 3:24 pm

Definitely off to a great start - the LA Times says
COMIC-CON 2010: 'Super' makes a swell start
It's a great article:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocom ... tart-.html
and highlights the "underdog" status of the movie which should help it along :cheekygrin:
The makers of “Super” came to the fan boy gathering in very different circumstances: trying to make ends meet.
Most Hall H panels focus on big-budget studio spectacles with million-dollar stars, but Friday’s presentation for “Super” was a study in the opposite extreme.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 29, 2010 7:25 am

Thanks Jim for the LA Times article. I hope the good publicity helps Super get a distribution deal. I wished Kick-Ass did better box office, it would have helped Super get a distrib deal. I know those comparisons will always be there....oh well. I liked those kind of off-beat Superhero films

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 29, 2010 9:01 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Thanks Jim for the LA Times article. I hope the good publicity helps Super get a distribution deal. I wished Kick-Ass did better box office, it would have helped Super get a distrib deal. I know those comparisons will always be there....oh well. I liked those kind of off-beat Superhero films
Kick-Ass didn't exactly do badly at the box office. It had a budget of $28 million and the Worldwide Gross was $95,739,032. Pretty successful, a net profit of about $70 million is solid and with a recognizable name like Ellen Page attached to a similar movie it could make some solid money. It may just have to go the route of getting a distribution deal at an indie movie festival, but all that matters is it comes close enough to me that I can see it and that it makes decent money.