SUPER updates

A dark, comedic, gritty and grounded superhero comedy

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 19, 2011 1:26 am

HeartHer wrote:I WON :D :D :D !!!!! Best day I've had in a long time, and best Friday ever.

Also thanks to Glee (right?) for liking my winning post. By the way I knew you lived in D.C. but I didn't know you lived in Georgetown. That's where I was born!
Congrats on winning those tickets! I was monitoring that contest out of curiosity, it must have been intense doing the constant refreshing between James Gunn's warning and his actual post. I'm sure you will have an awesome time at the premiere! :totalhappy: :super:

Yes that "like" was from me, I was glad to see a fellow EPO member win :). I go to Georgetown University, what a coincidence!

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 19, 2011 3:14 am

Congrats HeartHer on winning the tickets! Great perserverance in grabbing those tickets. Enjoy the premiere!

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 19, 2011 7:35 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Congrats HeartHer on winning the tickets! Great perserverance in grabbing those tickets. Enjoy the premiere!
Thanks :D ! Seriously one of the best things that's ever happened to me, the last time I actually won a contest I won a board game from Warner Bros. Kids TV at the age of 6 :laugh: .

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Mar 19, 2011 8:18 am

HeartHer wrote: I WON :D :D :D !!!!! Best day I've had in a long time, and best Friday ever.

Also thanks to Glee (right?) for liking my winning post. By the way I knew you lived in D.C. but I didn't know you lived in Georgetown. That's where I was born!
:super: Awesome!
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Mar 21, 2011 4:02 am

SUPER soundtrack released March 29th in Canada:
http://www.amazon.ca/Soundtrack-Super/d ... 181&sr=8-1
Soundtrack by Super (Mar 29 2011) - Import
Buy new: CDN$ 18.99
Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on March 29 2011.
and April 5th in the US
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Original-Mo ... 249&sr=8-1

Possible Spoilers: There's a track list and song preview
Super (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [Soundtrack]
Various Artists (Artist) | Format: Audio CD
Like (1)
Price: $15.60 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Special Offers Available
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
This title will be released on April 5, 2011.
Pre-order now!
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 23, 2011 9:04 pm

A new clip of SUPER that prominently features Ellen:

http://io9.com/#!5783829

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 24, 2011 4:18 am

Glee Plane wrote:A new clip of SUPER that prominently features Ellen:

Love that scene :p.

In other news I got another person to go see it. I'm a machine here, possibly the 4th best advertising this film's got outside this site, The Letterman Show, and IFC themselves :lol2:. Probably not really... but you know I'm doing pretty well for one guy.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 24, 2011 5:22 am

HeartHer wrote:

In other news I got another person to go see it. I'm a machine here, possibly the 4th best advertising this film's got outside this site, The Letterman Show, and IFC themselves :lol2:. Probably not really... but you know I'm doing pretty well for one guy.
Glee...thanks for posting. That scene gets funnier and funnier each time shown. Can't wait to see it at the FL Film Fest

HeartHer.....great PR work. It just takes one of those you recommended SUPER to...for them to go recommend it to many others. Word of mouth is still a great way to get news out

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 25, 2011 3:06 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:
HeartHer wrote:

Glee...thanks for posting. That scene gets funnier and funnier each time shown. Can't wait to see it at the FL Film Fest

HeartHer.....great PR work. It just takes one of those you recommended SUPER to...for them to go recommend it to many others. Word of mouth is still a great way to get news out
Yeah, not to go way off topic but the video game Minecraft made by pretty much one guy with the help of some friends barely cost anything to make but it's become a sensation, selling well over a million and it's not even out of its Beta stages. The only advertising it's really had is word of mouth, I haven't seen a single ad for it anywhere, my friends had to tell me about it before I even knew what it was.

It's a tall order but it'd be really cool if SUPER could have similar success.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Mar 27, 2011 12:09 am

gaming geek :) ^^ good new clip. the server this fan site is on is slow for me. sometimes I don't even get a response. if you're having that problem you can always youtube the billm stuff.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Mar 27, 2011 12:39 am

AddisonTea wrote:the server this fan site is on is slow for me. sometimes I don't even get a response. if you're having that problem you can always youtube the billm stuff.
Slow server? Show me any other fan site where you can download video clips with >2MB/s. The same speed also applies for the streaming clips hosted here. I believe the server is fast enough for 99.9% of the visitors and bandwidth and availability are more than sufficient. Maybe there's something wrong with your own Internet access. Besides, Youtube is really no alternative in case of the Bill Maher stuff since it only allows 10 min per video. But no one forces you to watch the videos here, so enjoy them on YT!
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 27, 2011 1:02 am

AddisonTea wrote:gaming geek :) ^^ good new clip. the server this fan site is on is slow for me. sometimes I don't even get a response. if you're having that problem you can always youtube the billm stuff.
Indeed I am :D . I think it's a good example of how word of mouth advertising still works though.

I don't have that problem, must be something on your end.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 27, 2011 6:36 pm

James Gunn posted a list of SUPER special screenings, the locations include Boston, New York, L.A., Vail CO, San Francisco, St. Louis, Maitland FL, and Brussels.
http://www.jamesgunn.com/2011/03/26/sup ... lson-more/

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Mar 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Glee Plane wrote:James Gunn posted a list of SUPER special screenings, the locations include Boston, New York, L.A., Vail CO, San Francisco, St. Louis, Maitland FL, and Brussels.
We finally get see Kevin Bacon (and Lloyd Kaufman :) ) at the New York screening on Wednesday, March 30:
NEW YORK CITY

8:00 pm

SUPER Screening hosted by Jason Reitman, with James Gunn, Kevin Bacon, Liv Tyler, Lloyd Kaufman, and perhaps some others in attendance.

Open to IFC Film Center members and friends and family (I think this is sold out).
This is the day before Ellen's Letterman appearance, so who knows, but maybe she'll be able to make this event too.

AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Mar 28, 2011 1:12 am

dom. I don't mean everything. sometimes at around 11AM Est i can't access the site at all. that's really the only prob for me because I give up waiting for the page to load. I have a perfect comp HS internet. HD graphics. I've I could get a ping to the server, I could narrow it down.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 29, 2011 9:24 am

Glee Plane wrote:James Gunn posted a list of SUPER special screenings, the locations include Boston, New York, L.A., Vail CO, San Francisco, St. Louis, Maitland FL, and Brussels.
I would absolutely freak, if, say, Ellen made an appearance at the Maitland, FL screening :biggrin: Maitland is where the Florida Film Festival is at....in fact SUPER will actually be shown in the Winter Park Regal Cinemas (about 4 mi from where I live)...Maitland is the small city rifght next to Winter Park in the Orlando area.

I can't wait :)

jsmith11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mar 30, 2011 9:52 pm

So far this is 54% on rottentomatoes. I hope it goes up more to get an overall fresh rating, It is kind of annoying most negative reviews seem to complain about the violence.

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Mar 31, 2011 3:41 am

Sound track is now available on iTunes in Canada and US:
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/super- ... d424065704
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/super- ... mpt=uo%3D4

I downloaded it in Canada for $9.99. <<<<<< BUT beware track name spoilers>>>>>>

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 01, 2011 4:45 am

jsmith11 wrote:So far this is 54% on rottentomatoes. I hope it goes up more to get an overall fresh rating, It is kind of annoying most negative reviews seem to complain about the violence.
The reviews are about what we expected. A 58 on Metacritic, which is a pretty solid score. I'd expect it to end up around a 61-62, polarizing but still mostly favorable. We knew from the start it'd polarize everyone, especially critics.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Apr 01, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm obsessed with getting tickets to the premiere and only showing in the UK in May. If it goes well, I will be as happy as all of you and maybe start posting more again.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.