A dark, comedic, gritty and grounded superhero comedy

Topic author
JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Excerpt from james_gunn on Twitter, if anyone is interested:

james_gunn

All: the intern job is not for school credit but for a film credit. Your name in lights (buried in 1000 other names in lights).
about 1 hour ago from Twittelator

james_gunn
Need intern assistant in Shreveport, LA over the next 3 months on my movie SUPER. Film credit. Send resume 2 cookie.noble1@gmail.com

Also much more detail on James' web site:
http://www.jamesgunn.com/2009/11/05/nee ... vie-super/
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 06, 2009 8:34 am

More details
Do you think he would employ a German?! :D

Need an Intern Assistant in Shreveport on my Movie Super

I need an intern personal and director’s assistant to work for me over three months in Shreveport, Louisiana while I’m working on my movie SUPER. SUPER is produced by Ted Hope and stars Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, and Liv Tyler.

If you get this job:
- You get a movie credit.
- You get to be behind the scenes of making a movie.
- There is no money, but you don’t have to pay like you would to go to film school, either.

What the job entails:
- Helping me to stay alive while I am in directing mode.
- Making sure I am fed, I have deoderant and toothpaste, and my clothes are washed.
- Setting up appointments and maintaining my schedule.
- Assisting on set.
- Making sure I have caffeine.
- Having an awareness of where I need to be shooting every day.
- Maintaining a level head at all times and never (NEVER!) complaining.
- Remaining discrete about my many OCD traits.
- And MORE.
- Job will begin over the next couple weeks in Shreveport, and go through mid-January. There is a holiday break December 24 thru January 2nd or so.
- Experience is not necessary, just intellect and the willingness to work your fingers to the bones. Knowledge of film and film sets is a big plus, though.

Reasons not to apply for this job:

You either have to be in Shreveport or put yourself up in Shreveport.

THIS IS NOT A PAID POSITION. This is a low-budget movie. All the actors, and myself, are doing this movie for scale. We do not have the money for an assistant in the budget; if we did it would be easy to find an experienced assistant to do this job.

Much of what you will be doing will NOT be film related. As I said, you will be buying my food and lunches, setting my appointments, picking up my laundry, etc. It’s hardly glamourous. (That said, you will be on set a fair amount and I’ll do my best to teach you here and there about actually making a film).

I WILL OWN YOU. You will have to be up before me in the morning, and will be to bed after me at night. You will do nothing but work the time you are with me in Shreveport, and have absolutely no life. It is my hope that at the end of the road you will have found this fulfilling and be glad you did it. It is also possible that you will just hate the film world for the rest of your life.

Many of you have asked me for advice on entering the film industry. As much as I’m warning you away from this job, I think it’s exactly a job like this that can be a good first step toward finding out whether you want to be in film or not.

If you’re interesting in applying for this position, send a resume and a short paragraph about why you want this job to: cookie.noble1@gmail.com

Only through this email are applications considered, not through messages on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc – if you email me there about this, I’ll have to discount your resume.

Okay, thanks! I look forward to meeting one of you in a couple weeks!!

James

Source: www.jamesgunn.com
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Forum Shark
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Nov 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Wow! That's awesome. And, yeah, Dominik, you should totally send in a resume. :agreeing:
"The worst enemy in a battle of the wits is the one who is too witless to comprehend defeat"-JTHM