Ellen Page, Rainn Wilson and Liv Tyler Cast in SUPER

A dark, comedic, gritty and grounded superhero comedy

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Oct 29, 2009 10:42 pm

Thanks for the information, Jim :no1: I've updated the website a couple of minutes ago and added some new facts and details given in this description :yellowink:
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Oct 30, 2009 2:02 am

Thanks for that info Jim :D And thanks for updating Dom :thumbsup:

I'm actually looking forward to this (not hard if EP is in it!). It could turn out really really bad or pretty funny. Hopefully the latter :yes:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Oct 30, 2009 5:03 am

:yellowhappy: Thanks for kind words Dominik and Lori. I also found this tid bit from James Gunn on Twitter as a possibilty for the right EP fan living in the Shreveport area. I'm guessing this position would relate to "Super".

james_gunn

RT @TedHope WANTED: Shreveport-based organized tech-wise film-loving social-netwk-savy intern for me to mentor & for them to assist Nov-Jan
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Oct 30, 2009 5:35 am

What a good little scout you are Jim :super: Thanks :D
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 30, 2009 5:47 pm

rburton1228 wrote:Well it be interesting to see how she pull off playing a sociopath. The last good actor I knew who did it was Gary Oldman when he played Dr. Smith in "Lost in Space". Even though that movie bombed, Oldman is still unforgettable. It makes me start to wonder how far she could play it.
Looking at JimH avatar...oh I think Ellen can be quite the psychopath :biggrin:

Glad we are getting more info on the film. Hoepfully it gets picked up quickly so we can see it. We still are waiting for Peacock to get picked up

[Alexis]
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Nov 01, 2009 2:30 am

I do not know if this is fact or fiction, but on Ellen's wikipedia page, her character is listed as Lucie Ann. Again, I do not know how true this is, but character's are known to go through a couple names sometimes before an actual name is released (e.g., Ariadne's name was first thought to be Isabell)

SageAndPage
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 13, 2009 6:53 pm

So, is it just me.... Or is this new preview to "Kick Ass" very similar to the concept of super... Grrr kinda pisses me off if two of these things are going to come out at the same time.... Ellen's will be better. But you know there's going to be people ridiculing it saying its just a copy of that "Kick ass" movie... Then, if they don't like that movie when it gos to theaters, they wont bother with Ellen's movie. Kinda pisses me off. Why does the film industry do that... It seams like if there is one big sifi thriller coming out... All the rest of the movie company's will hurry up and relies there new Sifi thriller at the same time. Same with drama, same with action. It pisses me off.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nov 13, 2009 11:39 pm

SageAndPage wrote:So, is it just me.... Or is this new preview to "Kick Ass" very similar to the concept of super... Grrr kinda pisses me off if two of these things are going to come out at the same time.... Ellen's will be better. But you know there's going to be people ridiculing it saying its just a copy of that "Kick ass" movie... Then, if they don't like that movie when it gos to theaters, they wont bother with Ellen's movie. Kinda pisses me off. Why does the film industry do that... It seams like if there is one big sifi thriller coming out... All the rest of the movie company's will hurry up and relies there new Sifi thriller at the same time. Same with drama, same with action. It pisses me off.
IMBD estimates Kick-Ass' budget at $30 million so I guess it's tone and look will be quite different from Super which is being made on shoestring. I guess time will tell if its April 2010 release will affect Super's box office. Super should be more of a true "Indie" release whereas Kick-Ass will be more of a studio picture.
Last edited by JimH on Dec 13, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Alexis]
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Nov 14, 2009 1:28 am

Kick-Ass and Super will be entirely separate films, trust me. The first is based off from a comic book series (which is pretty awesome, in my opinion), and the latter is from Gunn's own mind. Kick-Ass is a major motion picture, and Super will be an indie film.

Really, I only notice a couple of relations between the two movies. Both have a powerless person thrusting themselves into the world of superheroes and such, which would actually be both Ellen and Rainn's characters. Secondly, if you want to go to level of considered Hit Girl a bit of a sociopath, then they both have that in common, as well. Besides, that and the superhero theme both have, I didn't really find a huge relation between the two movies.

I don't even plan on seeing Kick-Ass anyways. They ruined Hit Girl, especially since they took out her infamous first line that she had in the comics. I will probably never be satisfied with a Hollywood rendition of a comic, though.

Still, I'm looking forward to Super. I need a nice change from the usual superhero cliches and what have you Hollywood gives these movies, now.

VersitileEllen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Apr 28, 2011 9:45 am

Awesome film, Ellen was nothing short of amazing once again!!! This definitely was a unique movie, I loved it.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Apr 28, 2011 2:59 pm

VersitileEllen wrote:Awesome film, Ellen was nothing short of amazing once again!!! This definitely was a unique movie, I loved it.
Please note the board rules on "bumping":
Unneccesary replying to old posts
Do not reply to a thread in which the last post was more than 60 days ago (called "bumping"). Offenders will be warned and multiple offenders will be banned. The only exceptions are if there's something new or answering a question that had not yet been answered.