South Park "Insheeption" Parody

Christopher Nolan's thriller about the architecture of the mind

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 25, 2010 7:31 am

Well...the gang at South Park decided to parody Inception in a recent episode.

The link does not have the entire show...but there is a two minute piece from the show

The episode has garnered some controversy....as the South Park creators seem to have taken the parody from the College Humor parody done earlier

Although there is no Ariadne in the South Park piece....Stan's mom seems to be playing the Ariadne role a la College Humor

From AV Club (The Onion)

http://www.avclub.com/articles/south-pa ... m-c,46720/

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 25, 2010 7:31 am

Well this is officially the only South Park episode I've never seen. I'll change that tomorrow, I'm sure it's funny. Although I heard they call the film out as "confusing and convoluted" which are the two ideas I resent. Confusing, perhaps a little, but not the general storyline which is what confused most people. Convoluted? Absolutely not.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Oct 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Although I'm a MASSIVE fan of Inception I just found this so funny. Always been a South Park fan and although they pretty much take the piss, it's not a whole 'point and laugh' style thing, they pretty much use the idea of Inception over the base of a story about hoarding. I thought it was very clever and didn't take any offence since they didn't parody Ellen Page :totalhappy:

"It's like a taco, within another taco, within a Taco Bell within a KFC within a mall within YOUR DREAM!"
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 26, 2010 7:24 am

I am still trying to figure why Seattle Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck was in the South Park piece? Dreaming of a Super Bowl? :laugh: He will "need to go deeper" :laugh: