Inception Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's thriller about the architecture of the mind

Topic author
AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jun 21, 2010 1:53 pm

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/06 ... eased.html

Some info on the music. Unfortunatly Ellen doesn't sing anything ;-) I am excited that Johnny Mar is playing guitar for the soundtrack. The trailer music is excellent as well.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jun 21, 2010 6:49 pm

AddisonTea wrote:http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/06 ... eased.html

Some info on the music. Unfortunatly Ellen doesn't sing anything ;-) I am excited that Johnny Mar is playing guitar for the soundtrack. The trailer music is excellent as well.
Thanks for posting :) I noticed that the Hans Zimmer sample is the same music that plays on the WB Inception website. It'll be interesting to hear the rest of the soundtrack soon and how it works with the movie.

Also, relevant to this, see Dominik's current front page News article:
And if you're interested in the official motion picture soundtrack of Chris Nolan's Sci-Fi thriller, it’s been available for pre-order on Amazon.com for $12.99 for a few days now. Please be warned: the track list isn't spoiler free ;-)
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Jul 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Just bought it from the iTunes store ahead of my trip to Amsterdam. Insanely engrossing stuff. One of the best, ever. If I close my eyes, I can imagine each part of the movie happening in my head as the music ticks along.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Topic author
AddisonTea
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am

GiveHimTheKick wrote:Just bought it from the iTunes store ahead of my trip to Amsterdam. Insanely engrossing stuff. One of the best, ever. If I close my eyes, I can imagine each part of the movie happening in my head as the music ticks along.

I plan on getting it myself. Good to hear you say it's good.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jul 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Inception did have some pretty great music. I saw it for a family friend's birthday, and even though two people thought it was just ok, people who fell asleep because they had been working and then claimed it was confusing when they woke up :rolleye: , everyone agreed that the music was absolutely fantastic, even my dad who is extremely picky with music thought it was the best part of the movie.

Now that I know exactly what's going on I'll pay more attention to the music when I see it again, probably today.

Didn't know Johnny Marr was involved, that's awesome. He's a legend, creates some of the most ridiculous tones I've ever heard.