Steve Agee Podcasts

What's new on Ellen Page Online

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Dec 02, 2010 1:47 am

Is it possible to include these podcasts in the audio archives? Wouldn't want to get Dominik in trouble, but I was never an Apple-fanboy. And I still don't understand why you need to install three programms (two of which you're not even told about) just to access a simple mp3...

But then again, maybe someone could enlighten me...

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 02, 2010 11:23 am

Actually you only need to install Quicktime (something that should be on every PC or Mac because you will need it sooner or later) or any other browser-compatible mp3 player plugin :wink: However, here is the url in case you'd like to download the podcast(s):

Code: Select all

http://web.me.com/steveagee/Site/Media/Episode%2034.mp3
The last two digits represent the episode number.
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Dec 02, 2010 11:32 am

You can also download the much more easily through iTunes. Just type Steve Agee into the iTunes Store search bar and you can download all of them for free.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Dec 03, 2010 7:45 am

I was talking about Quicktime, actually. After uninstalling it, two other Apple programms still remained installed. Automatic updater maybe? Didn't really check, just uninstalled them manually right away. But enough about my (irrational) aversion to Apple.
Thanks for the direct download link.
I guess, that's a "no" on the archive addition then...

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 03, 2010 8:47 am

Bifrons wrote:I was talking about Quicktime, actually. After uninstalling it, two other Apple programms still remained installed. Automatic updater maybe? Didn't really check, just uninstalled them manually right away.
The reason why it remained installed is that it's commonly used by all other Apple programs like iTunes. You always need to unstall it manually. I don't like it either because the player can only handle a small range of formats and the general performance could be better. However, it's still widely used (almost every official movie website offers the trailer as a quicktime movie), which means there's no getting around it :rolleye:
Bifrons wrote:I guess, that's a "no" on the archive addition then...
Since I'm not a fan of these podcasts, I didn't upload them on EPO so far. However, I asked Steve Agee for permission to do so yesterday and will add them as soon as I receive some feedback.

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Dec 04, 2010 12:59 am

The first one wasn't so bad, but anyway, it would be great just for completion's sake.
So, thanks.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 04, 2010 7:34 pm

I've received an “okay” from Steve Agee and added the podcasts to the audio clips page today.