New message board (phpBB 3.0.7-PL1)

What's new on Ellen Page Online

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Oct 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Over the past 7 days I've upgraded, updated and modded the message board. Since the automatic update from 3.0.5 to the current version didn't work, I was forced to start from the beginning and add all 80 modifications to a blank installation of phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 manually. I've tested a few functions and I think everything went smoothly. However, as always, please take a look around and report any missing graphics, broken links, php, myself or whatever error via PM or mail immediately!

Here are some of the new features:

- Quick reply function
- Customizable RSS/Atom feed
- Page Titles (This MOD edits the page titles to be much more useful when running multiple tabs and browsers as well as helping your forum SEO as Search Engines do Scan page titles. So instead of View Topic/Forum Site Name. Its Topic/Forum Name Site Name.)
- PM Box Progress Bars (Adds a progress bar to your private message boxes to graphically display how full your PM boxes are.)
- PM Blocking by Users (Adds two UCP modules to let users block private messages from users in their PM blacklist with the option of entering blocking reasons for each user. Also provides the PM whitelist feature to allow receiving private messages only from the users in PM whitelist. Gives the ability to administrators blocking some users sending PMs to some others by entering at ACP users overview page. It can also prevent receiving PMs from foes.)

Due to an incompatibility I've integrated a new "Country flag" modification. Please check if your country setting is still correct and update it if necessary.
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks for your hard work Dominik! I am already loving the quick reply feature.

GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Oct 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah this is a lot easier to use. All your work is always much appreciated dude.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Oct 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Just starting to use the RSS feature in Google Reader since I already use it for "Ellen Page" news searches, anyway. I have it set currently to look at last 24 hours. I think it's going to be very usefull :yellowink:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 04, 2010 8:23 am

Thanks again Dom for everything. Nice additions.