Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Total addons: 107
Last Update: January 30, 2011

ACP Announcement Centre
Adds an Announcement Box to the Index Page (Features Enable/Disable Announcement, (Guest) Announcement Preview, BBCode/Smilie enabled Announcements, Possibility to show different Announcements to Guest users, Possibility to show birthdays as announcements (display of avatars possible), Option to show Announcements to Guests only, group(s) only or everyone, (Guest) Announcement Title configurable, Option to show pages on all pages or on index page only)

Anti Double Posts
This MOD allows you to disable double posts

Auto Database Backup
Automatically backs up your database using the phpBB3 Cron

Convert quoted images to url
Images in quotes are both useless and pretty annoying, since the images are already posted before and quoting them takes op a lot of space. This MOD fixes that: images that are quoted are being converted to the corresponding url

Country Flags
Are you a true patriot? This MOD allows your registered users to select the flag of their country.
Their country flags will then display thoughout the phpBB system. You can select a default country flag for usergroups. You also can manage these flags (edit/delete/add), change some settings, set country flag for users/groups...in ACP, and in UCP for usergroups.

Enable HTML
Allows authorized users to post full HTML (including javascript) in posts/signatures. This is a major security vulnerability and you should NEVER allow any user to post HTML. It has a new forum permission which allows you to specify specific users or groups who can post HTML in specific forums and a user permission which allows the posting of HTML in all forums

FAQ Manager
Adds an easy to use FAQ Manager to the ACP

Genders
This MOD will allow your members to specify their Gender. They can chose between "Male", "Female" and "None specified"

Instant Post Redirect
Redirects instantly after posting a message instead of using meta redirection

IP-address in topic for phpBB3
Shows posters' IP addresses in topic for administrators and moderators

Join Date Format
This is just a simple mod to change join date format displayed in viewtopic

Memberlist posts
Your memberlist will sort posts descending on the first click

Moderator Needed
Displays the number of reported posts combined with posts that need approval next to the Moderator Control Panel link on the index page of the forum

Mods Database
Adds a simple Mods Database for keeping track of the mods installed on the board with possibility to add various additional information. Mod detail page to view the additional information, founders will be able to see installation date on mod detail page.Possibility to show certain mods to admins only

NV advanced last topic titles
Adds the title of the last post or topic (depends on acp-configuration) to the forumlist

Mass PM Topic Participants
This MOD adds a new option to a topics "quick-mod tools" called "Mass PM Participants".
This new option will take the user straight to composing a new PM.
The new PMs "to" field will be pre-filled with every user who has participated in the topic.
Any user who is able to add multiple recipients via the PM composer can use this new option

Popup on birthday
Makes a popup appear when a user logs in at their birthday or within 14 days of their birthday. Can be switched off in ACP

Prime Anti-bot
Implements a text-based human validation system in order to verify that a form submitter is human and not a SPAM robot. It will remember a successful validation so the user won't have to re-validate each time. The validation phrases/questions and responses are fully customizable; you can put as many or as few as you want (one is picked from the list at random each time it's needed). Can be configured to validate on new registrations and guest postings

Prime Ban to Group
Automatically moves users into a special group when they are banned. This allows you to visually indicate that a user has been banned through the use of group attributes, such as a custom rank image. Users will be removed from the group when they are manually unbanned or when their temporary ban has ended

Prime BBCode Note
Add a Note BBCode, which displays a tooltip-like box containing text when the mouse is moved over the Note BBCode icon. The text inside the box can accept BBCodes, and the pop-up box will close automatically when the mouse is moved off the icon (unless the user clicks the icon, which will make the pop-up box stick in place until manually closed or until the cursor is moved a certain distance away from the pop-up box)

Prime BBCode Spoiler
Adds a BBCode called "Spoiler", which obscures text in a box until the user clicks on it. Supports both inline and block-level spoilers. Functions as a standard spoiler when JavaScript is disabled (whereby selecting the text with your cursor reveals the spoiler)

Prime Firefox 3 Password Management Fix
Once you have Firefox 3 save your username and password after registering or logging in, it will then attempt to pre-fill those username and password form fields whenver you visit. The problem is, when it can't find those form fields, it tries to guess. And when it guesses wrong, you can end up submitting a form that incorrectly contains your username and password. This MOD helps to fix this issue for the known wrong guesses on phpBB3 forms

Prime Links
Modifies links within posts so that local links are correctly classified as such. It can also apply a target to external links (e.g. to open in a new window) and prepend links (e.g. to apply an anonymizer)

Prime Login via E-Mail
Allows a user to login using either their username or e-mail address. It will also prevent a user from registering with a username that matches someone's e-mail address, and vice versa

Prime Multi-Quote
Allows users to quote multiple posts by marking checkboxes located next to each existing quote button

Prime Parse URL Fix
Fixes magic URLs that do not get parsed correctly when located next to a right square bracket (]) such as those used by BBCodes

Prime Post Revisions
Stores each revision of a post every time a post is edited. It will only make these past revisions viewable to those users who have the necessary permissions

Prime Quote Remover
Automatically removes any quote blocks that exceed the specified quote depth so the poster isn't presented with an error message and forced to do it manually

Prime Self Topics
Adds a "View your topics" link next to the "View your posts" link

Prime Signature Cap
Provides the ability to restrict the number of lines in a signature. Detects only manual line breaks; a string that wraps due to length is still counted as a single line

Prime User Topics
Adds a "Search user's topics" link next to the "Search user's posts" link on the user profile page

Prime View Self
Adds a link allowing users to quickly access their public profile from within the Profile section of their User Control Panel

Prune Users Never Been Active MOD
Adds a new option to the ACP to prune users never have been active

Reset Login Attempts
Adds an option to the "quick tools" in ACP to reset the user's login attempts

Rules page
This MOD will add a Rules page to your board (using faq.php)

Smilie Creator
With this mod you can add some smilie signs to your forum. Use this MOD as a custom bbcode or with a smilie creator popup

Topic in "Who is Online"
MOD displays a topic title which is viewing/replying user

Upcoming Birthday list
Shows upcoming birthdays on index page, number of days can be modified via ACP

Update attachment
This mod adds an "Update attachment" button to upload attachments form

User Reminder
Will 'remind' users that they are members of a community by sending emails when
* not having logged in for a while
* not posted yet
* registered, activated but not logged in since
* not having acted on above for a while (after first reminder)... The you better visit soon or ... email :P

Imageshack upload bar
This MOD adds a hidden imageshack upload bar under the textarea in posting.php. You can show it by clicking to the button.

NV recent topics
Adds a list with a number of recent topics to the index.php

Activity Stats MOD
- Lists of all registered users who have visited the board in the last 24 hours
- Lists stats on the number of new posts, new topics and new users within the last 24 hours

Manage attachments ACP module for phpBB3
This mod adds attachments management module to ACP

Prune Log
Adds a configurable option to once a day remove log file entries after n days

Ban List MOD
Allows users to see who is banned on the board. Sortable by username, start date, and end date

Disable Post Review
This will allow a user to disable the message "...new post has been made to this topic..." when a user, while making a reply to a topic, is beaten to submission, aka, another post was made prior to the user submitting his post

Posts per day
Adds a little extra info to the statistic box on the index page: Average posts per day since the board came into existence

User last page in profile
MOD displays user last page (forum location) in their profile

Mark edited posts as unread
This MOD mark edited post as unread, if there are the last message in a topic.

Simple RSS mod for phpBB3
Will enable you to put a RSS feed on your phpBB3 Forum. This rss2 feed mod only shows the authenticated latest posts. That means you do not need to think about the posts of yours that has no access for normal user and bot etc.

User warnings / Ban info in viewtopic
Displays the number of user warnings (or "CURRENTLY BANNED") in viewtopic - similar to how the phpbb2 yellow card MOD did.
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Nov 16, 2008 10:00 pm

Dominik, is it possible to either make the number of posts per page user setable, or increase the number for everybody? 10 posts per page is rather short. Something along the lines of 25 would be preferable. I looked through the control panel but did not find a place to change this...
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 16, 2008 10:18 pm

bluetoes591 wrote:Dominik, is it possible to either make the number of posts per page user setable, or increase the number for everybody? 10 posts per page is rather short. Something along the lines of 25 would be preferable. I looked through the control panel but did not find a place to change this...
Yeah, once A&E really picks up again it will be nearly impossible to follow a conversation. :lol1:

*refresh*

*new page*

Bah!
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 16, 2008 10:23 pm

bluetoes591 wrote:Dominik, is it possible to either make the number of posts per page user setable, or increase the number for everybody? 10 posts per page is rather short. Something along the lines of 25 would be preferable. I looked through the control panel but did not find a place to change this...
Your wish is my command :happybigeyes: I increased the number of posts per page to 20, that's the same value as before (at the TBB).

~Dominik

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 16, 2008 10:49 pm

Dominik wrote: Your wish is my command :happybigeyes: I increased the number of posts per page to 20, that's the same value as before (at the TBB).

~Dominik
You sir, are awesome.
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Nov 16, 2008 11:45 pm

Thanks Dominik :thumbsup:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 17, 2008 12:40 pm

I added the "multi-quote" boxes (see below). Just mark checkboxes located next to each existing quote button and click on "Reply" or "Quote" to use the selected quotation(s) in your own post :) :thumbup:
multiquote.jpg
And I removed the blue icons next to a hyperlink. I think they were very annoying :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Nov 17, 2008 3:15 pm

I like this multi-quote feature. Could come in useful :agreeing:
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 17, 2008 11:56 pm

...a little more fine-tuning...
I set the align of the "Last Post" row to "left" and put the date and username in one single line. Also I added an "on" before the date and a "by" in front of the username :happyhappy:

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Nov 18, 2008 12:04 am

Ooooh, multi quote button is awesome! Thanks Dom :D
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 18, 2008 12:08 am

Lori wrote:Ooooh, multi quote button is awesome! Thanks Dom :D
I think this makes three of us :D ~~ Put in a small effort, achieve a huge effect ~~ :laugh:

dodom
Neon Chuck Norris
Neon Chuck Norris

Nov 19, 2008 7:44 am

Bells and whistle's galore!! :applause:

Good on ya Dominik! :super: Where do you get the time to run this great page?
She said i'm more like a fool for soul and passion

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 21, 2008 10:41 pm

dodom wrote:Where do you get the time to run this great page?
I really don't know :jolly: but this whole project just means a lot to me and became a part of my daily life. I think that's the secret behind it :)

I added 67 new smileys today and will try to include a "recent post box" in the next few days.

~Dominik

Tiffany
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 22, 2008 4:24 pm

It all looks great Dominik, thanks for all your hard work and dedication. And I think your title "Best Webmaster Ever" fits you to a T. You're the best! :D

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 22, 2008 4:47 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Tiff! :oncloud9: This title was given to me by several users :happybigeyes:

I added 8 news modifications and addons today including a "Recent topics box" and the option to disable the "Review function". Check your settings here: > UCP > Board preferences > Edit posting defaults > Enable post review :)
Disable Post Review MOD
This will allow a user to disable the message "...new post has been made to this topic..." when a user, while making a reply to a topic, is beaten to submission, aka, another post was made prior to the user submitting his post.
And please let me know if you're experiencing any performance problems due to the new RT box!

thereoncewasabug
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Nov 22, 2008 11:33 pm

Dominik wrote:And please let me know if you're experiencing any performance problems due to the new RT box!
The recent post box is really cool. Thanks for finding it. Could you put it on the bottom instead of the top of the page. It does take up a lot of space up there.

(Unless other people prefer it at the top, I don't mind that much.)
-"The things you do wrong, they haunt you." "Nah, I mean I'm already pregnant, so what other shenanigans could I get into?"
-"When is it acceptable to use our power and when do we cross that invisible line that turns us into tyrants over our fellow man?" "Silencio, old man!"

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Mar 01, 2009 2:55 pm

thereoncewasabug wrote:
Dominik wrote:Could you put it on the bottom instead of the top of the page. It does take up a lot of space up there.

(Unless other people prefer it at the top, I don't mind that much.)
That is cyring out for a new poll :squint:

[ November 26, 2008 ]
I added some new modifications today :yellowhappy:

Mark edited posts as unread
This MOD mark edited post as unread, if there are the last message in a topic.

Simple RSS mod for phpBB3
Will enable you to put a RSS feed on your phpBB3 Forum. This rss2 feed mod only shows the authenticated latest posts. That means you do not need to think about the posts of yours that has no access for normal user and bot etc.

User warnings / Ban info in viewtopic
Displays the number of user warnings (or "CURRENTLY BANNED") in viewtopic - similar to how the phpbb2 yellow card MOD did.

[ November 28, 2008 ]
I updated the Mod "NV Advanced Last Topic Titles" from version 1.2.3 to 1.2.5. As a result, links are no longer bold (can be bold, italic or colored) and leads to first unread post of last topic (If there is no unread post, the link leads to the first post.) :sassytonuge:

[December 25, 2008]

Default Topic Icon (prosilver based coding)
This MOD removes the "NONE" option for topic icons and makes the LAST icon the default icon.

TinyPic Image Hosting
Added a popup for image hosting with TinyPic (better than ImageShark)

[March 1, 2009]

Print Post Mod
Will allow a user to simply print/save one post from a topic

Users per page
Add an option to set how many users are display per page in memberlist

devouringone3
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Mar 23, 2009 11:24 pm

I agree with what is being said... this message board is very practical, well-done, and clear&simple!

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Mar 24, 2009 10:47 pm

devouringone3 wrote:I agree with what is being said... this message board is very practical, well-done, and clear&simple!

[ March 24, 2009 ]

Remove Re: from Replies (Version 1.0.0)
This MOD will remove RE: from replies

Lock Post on Report (Version 1.0.0)
This MOD will automatically lock the reported post. This can prevent members from editing the content once the post is reported.

Lock new topic on submit (Version 1.0.0)
Gives an option for member with moderator permissions to lock a new topic on the posting page so you do not have to go back and lock the topic after it has been submitted.

- updated Auto Database Backup Mod to version 1.0.2
- updated Prime Links Mod to version 1.2.5
- updated Enable HTML Mod to version 1.2.3
- updated Mods Database to version 1.0.6a

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Mar 25, 2009 2:28 am

Dominik wrote:Remove Re: from Replies (Version 1.0.0)
This MOD will remove RE: from replies
I love this :D
Lock Post on Report (Version 1.0.0)
This MOD will automatically lock the reported post. This can prevent members from editing the content once the post is reported.
Good idea :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your ongoing work to provide us with the best message board ever Dom :wink:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers