Errors, bugs and problems

What's new on Ellen Page Online

dodom
Neon Chuck Norris
Neon Chuck Norris

Dec 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Dominik wrote:
Lori wrote:Yep, I have to login everyday. B Dan worked it out that I have to take something off my settings (cookies) or something that I didn't have to previously do and I think it worked for Robin, but I haven't done it so I'm unsure...
I am using FireFox V2 at home and FireFox V3 at office and don't have any login problems at all, so it very well could be a browser based issue. Which one are you using?
You know this has been a problem on my work computer and the browser is internet explorer based, so it's probably something to do with the browser settings. At home I use firefox and haven't noticed the issue because when I am on this site at home I never really am not active for more then 10-15 minutes.
Dominik wrote:
Lori wrote:I don't really care, doesn't take long however if you're posting a response and it logs you off before you've finished would be a pain in the butt :yes:
If this ever happens here, I can add another modification that stores all data during your session in a special cache so you won't lost your post even if you got logged out during writing. :)
That would be very cool because the PM thing has happened to me while writing a long one. It would be much appreciated, although I have just learned to copy the entire thing before trying to send it and then just pasting it once I log back in. :D

Thanks for following up Dominik, I appreciate it very much.
She said i'm more like a fool for soul and passion

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Dec 04, 2008 2:36 am

dodom wrote:That would be very cool because the PM thing has happened to me while writing a long one. It would be much appreciated, although I have just learned to copy the entire thing before trying to send it and then just pasting it once I log back in. :D
:laugh: I do that too. Although I do it along the way after a every couple of paragraphs and paste into a word doc - just in case :tart:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 06, 2008 11:37 pm

I added the mentioned mod today, but I don't know if it will also work for PMs. Thus try it out :yes:
And please let me know if you have any session/login problems now :squint:
Title: In-line Login
Description: Ever submit a post only to find that your session has expired and the post has suddenly vanished? This MOD resolves this issue by preserving all HTTP POST data.
Version: 1.0.2
Furthermore I updated the Smilie Creator to version 1.0.6 and fixed some bugs, i.e. it should work now :jolly:

There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Dec 23, 2008 5:13 am

Okay. So this is more of a question than a problem, but why don't smilies translate in quotes?
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 23, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi Chelsea :waving:

unfortunately this seems to be a general bug in phpbb3. In case a post starts with a smiley, and gets quoted, the smiley image doesn't appear in the quote :( (see also "phpbb3 doesn't quote smilies properly" and "Bug tracker" on phpbb.com). But you can edit the quote manually and make sure that there's a space before and behind the smiley code :brightly:

~Dominik

Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Dec 23, 2008 7:17 pm

:waving:

Oh okay, I just thought it was a little weird. :)
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jun 30, 2009 4:34 pm

- updated theme/style to version 1.4.6
- new layout of the recent topics box
- changed the order of Author/Date in the "Last Post" row