Awful
5%

Total votes: 19

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Please rate the new board using the poll and let me know your opinion!
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Foofighter
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 16, 2008 12:01 am

I really like the new board! The layout is very clean and logical. It is a pleasure to navigate around the forum.
Tyler S.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 16, 2008 12:11 am

Good to hear :yellowink:
Like I stated, feel free to create new topics as well and test all features and function :)

In general, I like the new board, too. I know everything looks very empty and it's a shame that we can't use the old topics here. But on the other hand, the board has a lot of useful (new) features and it's based on a modern engine.
At the end there are more pros than cons, I think :thumbsup:

Ripley
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 16, 2008 2:00 am

Being a "veteran" of boards similar to this one, I can guarantee you 1000% that the switch to this was a good choice. :agree: :thumbup:

splendidchaos

Nov 16, 2008 3:54 am

I like this board much better too, it's cleaner.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 16, 2008 5:02 am

Its good...but I need more practice on it. :D I wish I could figure out how to put up an avatar...

madeincanada
Fan of Pagey
Fan of Pagey

Nov 16, 2008 5:19 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:Its good...but I need more practice on it. :D I wish I could figure out how to put up an avatar...
I know! I had trouble with this too. But if you go to User Control Panel ----> Profile (list on the left) ----> then there is a sort of drop down menu on the left side and one option is "edit avatar".

Hope that helps!

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Nov 16, 2008 5:51 am

It's very slick, but I liked the old one too.

I've also noticed that the smiley codes are slightly different, this is gonna confuse me for a while methinks.
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 16, 2008 6:04 am

I love it. It's so great actually having smilies and tags go where you want them. :p

Bat-edit: Oh, I do have a quick question. Do we still have special user titles that increase with post count or custom ones that can be set by admins? I kinda liked being Peacock Hunter. :D
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Nov 16, 2008 7:23 am

The functionality is better to the point of overkill, but the fact that we lose all the historic posts that correspond with the timeline of Ellen makes me very uneasy. Even if the old board is available as a view only situation, its not the same... :-/
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Nov 16, 2008 7:35 am

Hmmm... I'm definitely one of those people who is not a huge fan of abruptly changing something that I previously liked, so I will not make much in the way of commenting on the new board....

I'll just say one thing. The skin for this bored is rather... sterile, if you will. The other one seemed much more inviting to me.

I will hold my tongue other than that :)
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

Just
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 16, 2008 8:46 am

Well done Dominik... looking fresh!
;)

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Nov 16, 2008 8:51 am

Well, I haven't wrapped my head around it yet. It will take a little time to get used to but I've only been here for approximately 20 minutes!

I did :heart: the other board - mainly sentimentally for me though. It's where I first found out all the EP news I could wish for and of course, it's where I made some fantastic friends that I am sure I will have for life. It's ok, I can adjust to change - as long as I will be able to speak with my dudes on a daily basis like I always could.

But thank you for always improving our community Dominik, it is much appreciated!
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 16, 2008 12:30 pm

Chelsea wrote:Hmmm... I'm definitely one of those people who is not a huge fan of abruptly changing something that I previously liked, so I will not make much in the way of commenting on the new board....

I'll just say one thing. The skin for this bored is rather... sterile, if you will. The other one seemed much more inviting to me.

I will hold my tongue other than that :)
I'm sorry you feel this way. But like a great man said, (somestimes) It's Time For Change! I know that it won't be easy to start again, but I'm pretty sure it will only takes a few weeks till we're at the same level again. Furthermore, the TBB has some (huge) bugs which makes it difficult for a big community to use it (keyword: crashing A&E topics). Also it's a lot more easier for my moderators and me to keep it clean due to some new functions and feature (reporting posts, temporary and permanent ban).

I really hope you will stay here and get used to the new board in case we decide to keep it running! :wavingloop:

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 16, 2008 1:20 pm

madeincanada wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Its good...but I need more practice on it. :D I wish I could figure out how to put up an avatar...
I know! I had trouble with this too. But if you go to User Control Panel ----> Profile (list on the left) ----> then there is a sort of drop down menu on the left side and one option is "edit avatar".

Hope that helps!
Thanks Janie :) I will do that

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 16, 2008 5:05 pm

happytimeharry wrote:
Bat-edit: Oh, I do have a quick question. Do we still have special user titles that increase with post count or custom ones that can be set by admins? I kinda liked being Peacock Hunter. :D
Looks like I got my answer. Thanks Dominik! :)
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

madeincanada
Fan of Pagey
Fan of Pagey

Nov 16, 2008 6:31 pm

I guess I will chime in with my opinion....I do like the look/functionality of this board but count me as one who is really going to miss having all the old posts around. I know I can still access the old site but it's not the same. I wonder if there will even be any posts in the threads for all her old movies on this board and, if not, it's going to make it look REALLY empty.....I really wonder who is going to be posting a new comment about X-Men (or even Juno for that matter) on this new board? Maybe Dominik can collapse the movies list so that her older movies threads are seen in a different area?

I'm sure this board will pick up a lot when Whip It and Peacock are released though, when Ellen will be in the news more. It's just sad seeing such an empty board when we all know that there are so many dedicated fans who have posted such great stuff about her in the past!!

Roy
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 16, 2008 7:35 pm

I like the new forum, but I haven't been here for so long.. I need to spend more time in here :)
Jeez Banana, shut your friggin' gob okay?!

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Nov 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Dominik wrote:Furthermore, the TBB has some (huge) bugs which makes it difficult for a big community to use it (keyword: crashing A&E topics).
Since you plan to intentionally crash the A&E threads periodically, this doesn't seem like an advantage at all. :idontknow:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Nov 16, 2008 10:35 pm

I guess I will chime in with my opinion....I do like the look/functionality of this board but count me as one who is really going to miss having all the old posts around. I know I can still access the old site but it's not the same. I wonder if there will even be any posts in the threads for all her old movies on this board and, if not, it's going to make it look REALLY empty.....I really wonder who is going to be posting a new comment about X-Men (or even Juno for that matter) on this new board? Maybe Dominik can collapse the movies list so that her older movies threads are seen in a different area?
Yeah, sometimes when no one was on, I would browse the old topics just because it was cool to see everyone's opinions about her other movies. Plus, it was great if you hadn't gotten to see one yet, and then you could finally respond to an old thread... And you know, I kind of feel like a new member now, even though I have been here since april.

The functionality is better, though :agreeing:

:panic: Changed smiley codes!
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.