Does anyone know where I can get a dvd?

Talk about the fantastic Canadian Sci-Fi Series

Topic author
CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 16, 2008 3:30 am

It doesn't matter what region it is. I'm going to do some dvd player hacking or even buy a region free player because I'm sick of not being able to watch some movies/tv shows. I looked on amazon but it was out of print and the lowest one they had was over 90 dollars. So does anyone know anywhere I can buy a set and still have it sent to America?

Just
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Nov 16, 2008 8:57 am

The first season was released on dvd in America on the 11th November so you should be able to find a copy soon.
Until then i think you can watch episodes online here...
http://www.hulu.com/regenesis

Topic author
CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 16, 2008 9:32 pm

You go into "Lindsay's book of cool" because you gave me exactly what I wanted. Thanks a million.

Baboon
The Biggest Fan
The Biggest Fan

Nov 17, 2008 5:36 am

I wish I had known that it was being release in the US, before I bought the UK version :rolleyes:

I bought mine on ebay, for $15 or $20 I believe. But if you just want to see the episodes, there's numerous ways of viewing them online.

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Nov 17, 2008 5:40 am

There's a UK version? Why was I not informed? :rolleye:
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Baboon
The Biggest Fan
The Biggest Fan

Nov 17, 2008 5:47 am

LostPilgrim wrote:There's a UK version? Why was I not informed? :rolleye:
Well, it's region 2 and distributed by Universal Studios UK. The box says UK several times on the back.

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 17, 2008 6:26 am

Just wrote:The first season was released on dvd in America on the 11th November so you should be able to find a copy soon.
Until then i think you can watch episodes online here...
http://www.hulu.com/regenesis
You wouldn't by any chance know which retailers (online or brick-n-mortar) are carrying it? I've already checked out Amazon and Suncoast, neither of which have it listed.
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

Topic author
CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 17, 2008 8:47 am

It's only sold on Amazon Canada. I might not even be able to buy it. So ebay it is!
I really want to get the version that Dom had a picture of with the blood or whatever. That was really awesome.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Nov 17, 2008 9:07 am

CinemaDust wrote:It's only sold on Amazon Canada. I might not even be able to buy it. So ebay it is!
I really want to get the version that Dom had a picture of with the blood or whatever. That was really awesome.
You will need a region free DVD player for that one. However, should you desire a Canadian one and you can't get it down there, I'd be happy to receive it on your behalf and send it to you.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Topic author
CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 17, 2008 6:11 pm

CinemaDust wrote:It doesn't matter what region it is. I'm going to do some dvd player hacking or even buy a region free player because I'm sick of not being able to watch some movies/tv shows.
Word.

If I can't buy the canadian one from amazon with out being one of those "prime member" thingys' I might just have to ask a really awesome canadian to help me out. I'd give you the money, plus I'll do a hit for you for interest. You need anyone killed?

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Ah thank you for mentioning Amazon Prime. Looks like I can order it from Amazon Ca but I would really much rather find it somewhere in the US before I go international. Everyone mentions it being released in the US but no one seems to carry it. >_<

Topic author
CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 18, 2008 6:16 am

That's because it's not released in the US. Only Canada. I mean, we share a region, so I don't understand. Who knows.
It says it has been released in Canada on tvshowsondvd.com http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/ReGene ... on-1/10685
But doesn't give munch info.

I think it's funny that a CANADIAN show just now got released on dvd in Canada. Meanwhile the UK and Germany have it on dvd. I hate distributers and ...companies and whoever the hell else makes these decisions.

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Nov 18, 2008 6:35 am

CinemaDust wrote:That's because it's not released in the US. Only Canada.
Silly me and forgetting that "North America" doesn't instantly mean "United States." :ohman:

Looks like I'll be ordering it off of Amazon, then.

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 21, 2008 10:34 pm

CinemaDust wrote:It's only sold on Amazon Canada. I might not even be able to buy it. So ebay it is!
No problem, like I said in my post, I'm willing to get you a copy of the German version! I can order it on Amazon Germany for you or try to get a copy on German ebay. I suggest you send me a PM or email so we can discuss the details :)
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Topic author
CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 22, 2008 11:36 pm

Thanks Dom. Right now I can't buy food let alone dvds, so I'll get back to you when my financial crap is over.