Training Clip

Ellen kicks some ass as Babe Ruthless

Topic author
Bifrons
Donator
Donator

Jan 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Once again I feel compelled to point out Dominik's incredible commitment to excellence. The recent update of the "Whip It" training clip speaks volumes to that fact. It' very much appreciated.

Why this clip and especially the snippet of Ellen (1:13-1:28) hadn't been available in an appropriate quality, is simply beyond me. Maybe I'm biased but that snippet clearly epitomized the physicality and fun of Roller-Derby. So why wasn't it used more widely?
Just another dropped ball in the marketing of that movie, it feels like...

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jan 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Bifrons wrote:Once again I feel compelled to point out Dominik's incredible commitment to excellence. The recent update of the "Whip It" training clip speaks volumes to that fact. It' very much appreciated.

Why this clip and especially the snippet of Ellen (1:13-1:28) hadn't been available in an appropriate quality, is simply beyond me. Maybe I'm biased but that snippet clearly epitomized the physicality and fun of Roller-Derby. So why wasn't it used more widely?
Just another dropped ball in the marketing of that movie, it feels like...
I'm not sure which clip you mean - is it this one?
http://www.ellen-page.net/video/moviesp ... ining.html
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jan 23, 2011 9:49 pm

JimH wrote:I'm not sure which clip you mean - is it this one?
http://www.ellen-page.net/video/moviesp ... ining.html
:agreeing: Yes, that's the clip as stated in the changelog. It's only available in low quality on the web, but I've found a better version on the Japanese DVD edition, which I recently bought :D

@Bifrons
Thanks for the shoutout!
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.