DVD / Blu-ray release

Ellen kicks some ass as Babe Ruthless

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 06, 2009 8:11 am

According to High-Def Digest, "Whip It" will be released on January 26, 2010 on Blu-ray and DVD. Specs and supplements are still unknown at this time, but it seems it will be a 2-disc set and available for $39.99 (Blu-ray) respectively $29,99 (DVD).
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

MrHedman
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Nov 06, 2009 11:20 am

Ha Ha, it will be out on dvd before it come to the cinemas here in Norway :longtongue:

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 24, 2009 4:58 am

I just put my pre-order in at Amazon. Got it for $18.99.
Last edited by JerseyDevil65 on Nov 24, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daffy_d
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Nov 24, 2009 10:18 am

MrHedman wrote:Ha Ha, it will be out on dvd before it come to the cinemas here in Norway :longtongue:
And Finland not before 5th February. A small comfort :)
You'll never walk alone

Daffy_d
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 01, 2009 12:36 am

bobbydean wrote: Still, the Cinema Experience _is_ special if your in the right one, with the right Sound, and especially if you can catch it during the day at a time when hardly anyone's there (at certain hours).
Oh I'm definitely gonna wait to see it until the Cinema release. Got a brand new cinema here in Ski with really nice sound quality so I'm looking forward to that. Just saw Twilight New Moon there, which was pretty decent.

And there is no way I will be able to wait for more space, I need to see it at the premiere date, the first available one :D More crowdy, but I cant help it :biggrin:
You'll never walk alone

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 05, 2009 10:54 am

Here are some new details regarding the upcoming release:
FROM THE PRESS RELEASE

The memorable heroine of Juno is back and scores huge laughs as Bliss Cavendar, a blue-haired misfit stuck in a tiny Texas town in Whip It, a coming-of-age comedy skating onto Blu-ray Disc with Digital Copy and DVD January 26 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Tired of following in her family’s footsteps, Bliss discovers a way to put her life on the fast track when she lands a spot on a rough-and-tumble roller derby team. Her journey comes full-circle as she reconnects with her family and finds her own path in the world.

Filled with high-speed action and nonstop fun, the film sports an all-star cast including Golden Globe® nominee** Drew Barrymore (Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle) in her feature film directorial debut, Oscar® winner*** Marcia Gay Harden (Mystic River), Juliette Lewis (Cape Fear), Daniel Stern (City Slickers) and Jimmy Fallon (Fever Pitch). The film also features cameo appearances by real life derby girls Rachel Piplica and Kristen Adolfi, better known as “Iron Maiven” and “Krissy Krash” of the Los Angeles Derby Dolls.

The Whip It Blu-ray Disc and DVD feature deleted scenes, an alternate opening and extended scenes and will be available on Blu-ray Disc with Digital Copy for the suggested retail price of $39.99 U.S. / $49.99 Canada and on DVD for $29.98 U.S. / $43.48 Canada.

Blu-ray Disc Special Features: (Catalog # 2264196)

Disc One
- Alternate Opening
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (Bliss Gets Out of Brooke’s Truck / No Tip / Bliss, Pash and Bird Man on Oink Joint Roof / Celebrity / Razor Quits (Long Version) / Bliss and Oliver Kiss, Bliss Listens to CD / Bliss Asks Razor to Come Back (Raw Cut) / Maggie and Riley Wake Up Bliss)
- Writers Draft with Shauna Cross

Disc Two
-Digital Copy

DVD Special Features (Catalog # 2264196)

Disc One
- Alternate Opening
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (Bliss Gets Out of Brooke’s Truck / No Tip / Bliss, Pash and Bird Man on Oink Joint Roof / Celebrity / Razor Quits (Long Version) / Bliss and Oliver Kiss, Bliss Listens to CD / Bliss Asks Razor to Come Back (Raw Cut) / Maggie and Riley Wake Up Bliss)

kookycat
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dec 18, 2009 9:41 pm

Im very confused. I've been checking my local cinema listings forever now, i'm guessing that its not getting a cinema release in England?
If so i'm disappointed i was so excited to see this one!
"there aint no party like my nanas tea party" - fotc

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 18, 2009 11:55 pm

kookycat wrote:Im very confused. I've been checking my local cinema listings forever now, i'm guessing that its not getting a cinema release in England?
If so i'm disappointed i was so excited to see this one!
According to Lions Gate Entertainment's official web site, the movie will be distributed in the UK (see http://www.lionsgatefilms.co.uk/index_flash.php (box on the right) / http://www.lionsgatefilms.co.uk/index_flash.php (movie page)) and the release date is apparently April 9, 2010 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whip_It_%28film%29 / http://www.launchingfilms.com/releasesc ... &sort=date).

kookycat
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dec 21, 2009 1:30 am

Yes i may order the dvd, i am also fully able to plant seeds to 'grow' but in this context a simple question was asked so there is little room for it. April, ouch...but at least we're getting a release. Thanks Dom :)
"there aint no party like my nanas tea party" - fotc

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Did anyone get their DVD yet?

I'm wondering if there are 2 versions because when I bought mine, the sealed DVD came in a slipcase that opened in the front like a book. I went to a store this morning and they had about 10 copies of Whip It and 2 had the slipcase and the others were just the plain plastic case.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jan 29, 2010 9:50 pm

JerseyDevil65 wrote:Did anyone get their DVD yet?

I'm wondering if there are 2 versions because when I bought mine, the sealed DVD came in a slipcase that opened in the front like a book. I went to a store this morning and they had about 10 copies of Whip It and 2 had the slipcase and the others were just the plain plastic case.
Mine was the "book" type - bought it day it was out from Future Shop in Edmonton, Alberta. I think all the DVD copies had the slip case. I don't think the BluRay had a slip case. Wonder if early copies have the slip case and later don't :uhoh:
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

`Laura
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jan 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Mine was the book type, too. I got it from amazon.com.

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jan 30, 2010 12:13 am

JimH wrote:I don't think the BluRay had a slip case.
That's correct, but there are apparently two editions as well. One comes with a standard blue case and the other is green colored (just like the DVD), which is definitely better IMO :jolly:

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 30, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm 100% sure the ones without the slipcase were not the Blu-Ray version. Its possible the store removed the slipcases for some unknown reason, I guess time will tell if there are 2 versions.

kzm007
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Feb 09, 2010 11:21 pm

I just got my still-sealed-with-title-sticker green cased blu-ray. No slipcase and no green disc...sounds like DVD only.

And these digital copies are such a waste of money and space :rolleye: jeez. I could hack this in minutes and have a hard drive copy if wanted. They should offer a reduced blu-ray only copy of all films.

I only bought it new because I wanted to see if the disc was green, or the case was special in any significant way.

Lesson learned :)

Kegan
I've always been fond of pages, the bibliophile that I am; Ellen's simply another Page, albeit of a more fascinating novel - one of the better stories in the many of my life.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Feb 10, 2010 7:03 am

It comes out in Oz (FINALLY) next week... one week too late for my birthday so my husband tells me. I didn't even know but he kindly checked it out when hunting for a present for me :D Looking forward to seeing it finally!
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

kzm007
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Feb 11, 2010 1:36 am

Well happy early birthday to you then, Lori :) and I hope you enjoy seeing it. My PlayStation shipped today, so I'll be watching it in a few days hopefully. It looks like a decent film, for sure.

Kegan
I've always been fond of pages, the bibliophile that I am; Ellen's simply another Page, albeit of a more fascinating novel - one of the better stories in the many of my life.

Nipsu
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Apr 22, 2010 7:59 pm

They showed Whip It at Helsinki Woman Film festival :) http://artichoke.lasipalatsi.fi/roller_girl_en.html

I have no idea why but they changed the name to Roller Girl. I'll be able to get the dvd on May 28th.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Apr 23, 2010 1:47 am

Hey Anniinna :waving: Long time no see

Surprised they changed the title in Finland....but I guess that happens to some films in different countries. Good to see it will be on DVD soon in Finland

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Apr 23, 2010 2:36 am

It's not uncommon for a film to have a different name in different countries.
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."