Official website

Psychological thriller about a quiet bank clerk

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jan 18, 2010 4:36 pm

The official movie website for Peacock went online today. Visit http://www.peacockthemovie.com and check out the first stills!
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Jan 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks Dominik :D
For what its worth here is a recent post from Peacock's IMDB message board with some more speculative information:
New news on 'Peacock' release.
by alanoftulsa 1 day ago (Sat Jan 16 2010 21:44:48)

I just received this message from my Uncle who is the father of Michael Lander Jr. .................................................................

Well there is some movement finally for my son Michael and his movie “Peacock”. While it appears as of this writing that the film will be released to theaters in Europe it may be released straight to DVD here in the states. Not what he was hoping for but that may changes as they are looking at putting it into some film festivals here in the states first. If that generates interest there is a chance it could get into theatres here. I’ll try to keep everyone posted.

Here is his website for the film: http://www.peacockthemovie.com

Please help get the word out about the film by forwarding this to as many people as possible. Again the more interest we can generate might help him get the production company to release it to theatres here.

Jan/16/2009
Last edited by Dominik on Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added quote and bb codes
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

[Alexis]
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Finally, more news on this film. I've been looking forward to it ever since I heard the plot.
The homepage to the site reminds me of a horror movie poster, for some reason.

Although, I think Ellen looks more like an older sister to the kid than a mother in some of the stills. :biggrin:
Still, that's kid's lucky.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks Dom, I am really looking forward to seeing this someday.

I can't believe a movie with this many great actors is having trouble getting released.

Danae
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Jan 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Thank you Dominik and JimH, these are wonderful news.
I have been hearing that this movie has troubles getting released to theaters because it has a heavy context.
I have a feeling it will resemble the style of David Lynch's films, and not many people like those kind of movies. Personally I love them, this is why I cannot wait for this movie to come out :happybigeyes:

kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Jan 19, 2010 1:32 am

So glad to finally see some movement with this film. It's nice to see some pictures of the film as well. Hopefully they can get it into some festivals and get a theatre release. I've read the script and I really liked it, its not your average film but that's why I love ellen's choices. And I really want to see Ellen working with Cillian Murphy, he's awesome.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jan 19, 2010 2:05 am

Agreed. It is nice to see some movement and thanks for the info guys :) Good to see some pics as well. I've always been intrigued about this film (even though I resisted reading the script).

Hopefully it can get up and running soon!
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

[Alexis]
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 19, 2010 2:22 am

Unfortunately, I have read parts of the script, but not enough to really catch anymore about the plot than what I knew before.

I still wonder if this is supposed to be in modern times or within the 20th century. The style of dressing that the cast has just reminds me of something out of the mid-1900s for some reason. :confused:

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jan 19, 2010 2:36 am

[Alexis] wrote:Unfortunately, I have read parts of the script, but not enough to really catch anymore about the plot than what I knew before.

I still wonder if this is supposed to be in modern times or within the 20th century. The style of dressing that the cast has just reminds me of something out of the mid-1900s for some reason. :confused:
I believe the movie is set in the early to mid 70s based on some photos that Mark took of vehicles used in the film.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

[Alexis]
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 19, 2010 2:41 am

I haven't gotten a chance to look at those, I guess. Surprise, surprise. :biggrin:

All I can say is that from the first time when Maggie comes into the story (all I read just to see how Maggie acts), I hate her. This might be the one character Ellen plays that I'll leave the movie disliking.
And a spoiler thing, just in case no one wants to see the stereotype she is and such.
► Show Spoiler

miKe
Ghost Cat Hero
Ghost Cat Hero

Jan 19, 2010 5:05 am

Thanks for posting this, it's exciting to hear news about this movie!
Danae wrote:I have a feeling it will resemble the style of David Lynch's films, and not many people like those kind of movies.
I dont think anyone makes movies in that style except David. :biggrin: (I kid. Fellow Lynchhead here.)
[Alexis] wrote:The homepage to the site reminds me of a horror movie poster, for some reason.
Also, the movie's lighting looks like horror movie lighting - dark, with hard shadows. Milo might know better than me. :noclue:

kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Jan 19, 2010 5:48 am

The film is set in the mid-1960s from what I remember from the script....since some folks were wondering.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jan 19, 2010 5:49 am

kat19 wrote:The film is set in the mid-1960s from what I remember from the script....since some folks were wondering.
Yeah, and it has that look. But that does not change the fact that they had at least one 1970 model vehicle on set. Either they figure I won't notice, or its from the 70s. With the tiny budget, it may well be the former.

miKe wrote:Also, the movie's lighting looks like horror movie lighting - dark, with hard shadows. Milo might know better than me. :noclue:
I dunno about horror lighting. :noclue: Personally I just see great dramatic lighting. :yes:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Jan 19, 2010 11:59 am

bluetoes591 wrote:they figure I won't notice
That was a mistake.
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 21, 2010 7:23 am

Bummer that Peacock may not get a US theatre release....hope they do get some festivals.....Florida has a few in the spring.

Indie films have a harder time getting released because the economy is bad in the US....from what I read.

Maybe they could release it to theatres after Inception is released.....Inception definitely will be a blockbuster...and you have Cillian and Ellen in both films.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jan 22, 2010 3:23 am

There's a snippet of Peacock being mentioned at an appearance EP made a couple of days ago. I have posted it in the Articles thread but here tis again.

Coming up, Miss Page will be starring in “Peacock” along with Cillian Murphy. “Peacock” is about “a train accident in rural Nebraska that gradually unveils a mystery involving the town’s bank clerk.”

Maybe it's a good sign :noclue:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers