Ahhh.. I can't wait!

Psychological thriller about a quiet bank clerk

Topic author
Robert
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 05, 2009 6:18 am

Does anyone happen to know when the movie will be released into theaters/DVD? I read somewhere that it would be Nov. 2010, but that seems ridiculous! Thanks. Cant wait to see this movie, how about you?
Knowledge is power and without power, you're nobody. -Self

Forum Shark
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 06, 2009 5:16 pm

I think it's in June. Maybe that's "Whip It!", though. I hope it's not in 2010. That would be too long of a wait for me. :wink:
"The worst enemy in a battle of the wits is the one who is too witless to comprehend defeat"-JTHM

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Feb 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Forum Shark wrote:I think it's in June. Maybe that's "Whip It!", though. I hope it's not in 2010. That would be too long of a wait for me. :wink:
It would make sense for Peacock to come out before Whip It! since it was filmed first. Who knows though, maybe post-production is taking longer on Peacock because it isn't as mainstream as Whip It, thus not having the resources to complete quicker. That's all just speculation and me talking out of my rear, or course, so take that with a spoon full of salt. :p
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Feb 06, 2009 8:01 pm

happytimeharry wrote:It would make sense for Peacock to come out before Whip It! since it was filmed first.
Well Smart People was filmed before Juno, so you never know. November 2010 does sound like a long way off. That time of year is usually the time when studios release their "Oscar worthy" films.
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Feb 06, 2009 8:23 pm

LostPilgrim wrote:
Well Smart People was filmed before Juno, so you never know.
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I just think it would be silly for them to wait well over a year to release it. November '09 sounds logical, but 2010 just sounds a bit ridiculous since filming was completed around like April of last year, possibly sooner. I wonder if they've gotten distribution yet.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Feb 06, 2009 9:58 pm

LostPilgrim wrote:That time of year is usually the time when studios release their "Oscar worthy" films.
That could mean something you know :wink:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Topic author
Robert
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 08, 2009 6:00 am

bluetoes591 wrote:
LostPilgrim wrote:That time of year is usually the time when studios release their "Oscar worthy" films.
You've got a point :o

Hope its not too long >:[

Then again, after we see the movie we'll just end up having to wait again hah - better find more than one actor to love upon :P

Rob

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Feb 09, 2009 6:15 am

bluetoes591 wrote:
Would not surprise me if it was released after Whip It!....because I think this movie will be Oscar worthy
:)

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Feb 09, 2009 7:51 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:
Would not surprise me if it was released after Whip It!....because I think this movie will be Oscar worthy
Love the enthusiasm, but lets not jump the gun. No one has even seen it yet. :D

Just because it stars the awesome Cillian Murphy and Ellen Page doesn't mean it's automatically an Oscar contender. If only it were that easy. :p

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Feb 10, 2009 6:34 am

happytimeharry wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:

Just because it stars the awesome Cillian Murphy and Ellen Page doesn't mean it's automatically an Oscar contender. If only it were that easy. :p
I am just thinking that the movie may be released closer to Oscar voting time

Topic author
Robert
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Feb 14, 2009 6:34 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:
happytimeharry wrote:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:

I am just thinking that the movie may be released closer to Oscar voting time
yeah - I agree with you on that.. that'd be freakin' sweet if they waited until then - but tough luck for us - best of luck to Ellen and the rest of the movie persons :P

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 25, 2009 1:52 pm

LostPilgrim wrote: That time of year is usually the time when studios release their "Oscar worthy" films.
Speaking of, I read yesterday that they are doubling the amount of Best Picture nominees to 10. I guess that way, they have twice as many movies that can claim to be a Best Picture nominee.

Is there any more word on the release of Peacock? I can't find anything except "sometime in 2009".

kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 03, 2009 6:14 am

Looks like this won't be at the Sundance Film Festival either, they released their list of films today and Peacock isn't on it. I'm starting to think there may be a major problem with the film, which is why it didn't get into TIFF or Sundance, but that's just speculation on my part. It's been a long time since this film was completed though......it's a pity, of all her new projects I was looking forward to this one the most.

Dominik, have you heard anything new about the status of this film?
[Update] Edit: I just realized that the list announced today was only in competition films, and they will announce other non-competition premieres on Thursday, hopefully Peacock is one of them! Crossing my fingers!

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Dec 03, 2009 8:54 am

kat19 wrote:Dominik, have you heard anything new about the status of this film?
Unfortunately not. I only know the movie already has three publishers located in Mexico, Taiwan and Switzerland and the release date on one of the companies' websites is set to 2010 at the moment.
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 03, 2009 10:16 pm

So, the non-competition lineup for Sundance was announced today, no sign of Peacock. :weeping:

I wonder if it'll end up going straight to DVD....? :haeh:

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Dec 03, 2009 10:33 pm

kat19 wrote:So, the non-competition lineup for Sundance was announced today, no sign of Peacock. :weeping:

I wonder if it'll end up going straight to DVD....? :haeh:
At the very beginning of this thread, November 2010 was the rumoured date. Dominik still says 2010. Its a small budget movie, its out of the mainstream, these sorts of films can take forever to complete. The actual shooting of the film is by far the quickest and easiest part of film making, pre and post production can take years. Everyone take a deep breath and stop saying silly things like "straight to DVD", this film has a fairly long list of important names in front of and behind the camera, it'll all come together eventually.
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

kat19
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 04, 2009 3:54 am

I hardly think it is "silly" to speculate about the status of a film. I don't think I need to censor myself in bringing up the possibility that yes, it could go straight to DVD. That's not a silly thought, it is a very real thought that happens to many small independent films. The fact of the matter is this film has been in post-production since 2008....we are coming up on 2010 now, I was simply making a valid point. I don't need to take a deep breath. Yes, many films take a very long time in post-production but this is a very abnormally long time for a film like this. The film has been showed at test screenings already months ago which means it is most likely completed by now and seeking distribution....again, my speculation, but it probably has not been received well in test screenings or there is a major problem with the film. Having read the script I can see how festival juries or mainstream audiences might be turned off by it. Personally, I loved the script but it is a VERY unconventional and dark story......as for the fact that there are "big" names both in front and behind the camera, there are many other small films with even bigger names sitting on shelves somewhere waiting to be released as well, for example a film called Margaret which was filmed years years ago starring Matt Damon among others never got a release or into a festival and is just sitting in limbo somewhere. So it is not out of the realm of possibility that Peacock is having trouble getting into a festival. Hopefully I'm wrong and you are right because I would like nothing more than for this film to be successful.

As for November 2010 release date speculation, there is no legitimate link or source for that rumor posted here so unless we can find a legitimate source for that it is all heresay.

Again, I'm not trying to be a pessimistic party pooper or anything, I'm simply speculating about the status of this film, and last I checked this was a forum to openly talk about Ellen Page's films.....

JimH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Dec 04, 2009 5:05 pm

@kat19 Kudos - it takes guts to talk about the "elephant in the room". I think we're all just getting anxious to see this movie and it has been a while without information in the press.

One thing that can be said for Ellen is that she is willing to take risks on small or unusually themed movies. I'm sure she accepts the possibility of the work not being financially successful or being widely seen.
Each moment is an opportunity to make a fresh start. (Pema Chodron)

SageAndPage
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dec 06, 2009 2:14 am

I think one of the most amazing things about Ellen is the fact that she has standards set for what she will and won't play in, it shows that she care's about what she will portray on film.
In other words, it's not all about the money, and that is a truly rare and admirable quality.
Her ability to stay down to earth and humble is also a truly honorable virtue.
She's amazing and the fact that she decides what she'll play in, based off of her morals or beliefs, and not how much money they throw at her, is enough to keep me following her career for years to come.

Lensman319
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jan 19, 2010 6:03 am

I just had a peek at the official website, and the movie does look promising. I just love psychological thriller kind of movies, in which the mind plays a bigger role. Im sure Ellen will do a great job (as always :) )