Juno - Top 100 Soundtracks Of All Time (From UK Telegraph)

Oscar-winning comedy about an unwanted pregnancy

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 02, 2008 8:04 am

From the UK Telegraph....Juno soundtrack ranked among Top 100 Soundtracks of all time...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jh ... xml&page=3

From the article:
Juno
Various, 2007

The Moldy Peaches' Kimya Dawson stamps the film with her brand of folky indie pop.

List does not rank them in order....but this is a great list of some of the great soundtracks of all time....cool to see Juno included :)

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Dec 02, 2008 11:14 am

Great find Dan :thumbsup:
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 02, 2008 8:44 pm

LostPilgrim wrote:Great find Dan :thumbsup:
And, found it in a British newspaper, too :super:

Cool for them to include Juno ST with all those others...many of those STs were also quite good, too.

dodom
Neon Chuck Norris
Neon Chuck Norris

Dec 02, 2008 9:13 pm

Very cool find Dan. :thumbsup:

It's great that this soundtrack is being given it's proper dues because the music by a lot of these artists is not all that widely acclaimed outside of certain "indie music" circles. I am happy that someone recognized how well the music complemented the movie, because that's the fundamental purpose of a movie's soundtrack to begin with, and Juno's soundtrack was perfect for it. :agreeing:

Ellen can could actually count this as another personal success as well being that she specifically suggested The Moldy Peaches and Kimya Dawson to Jason Reitman as the type of music that should be associated with the film.

Once again... :iloveellen:
She said i'm more like a fool for soul and passion

Topic author
UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 02, 2008 11:01 pm

dodom wrote:Very cool find Dan. :thumbsup:

It's great that this soundtrack is being given it's proper dues because the music by a lot of these artists is not all that widely acclaimed outside of certain "indie music" circles. I am happy that someone recognized how well the music complemented the movie, because that's the fundamental purpose of a movie's soundtrack to begin with, and Juno's soundtrack was perfect for it. :agreeing:

Ellen can could actually count this as another personal success as well being that she specifically suggested The Moldy Peaches and Kimya Dawson to Jason Reitman as the type of music that should be associated with the film.

Once again... :iloveellen:
So right :agreeing: Except for maybe the Prince "Purple Rain" soundtrack...you wont find many great movie STs that had so much influence and input from its lead actor/actress.

I liked this list...not only they mentioned Juno...but a lot of the STs they mentioned were quite good...and even mentioned O Brother Where Art Thou (another great soundtrack if you like bluegrass/old-style country music)