7 Reasons Why You Should See the Movie Juno

Oscar-winning comedy about an unwanted pregnancy

Topic author
Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Nov 17, 2008 10:38 am

You have probably heard of the movie Juno by now. You know, the film "due this holiday" about that teenage girl who searches for the perfect yuppie parents to adopt her soon-to-be baby after getting pregnant by that dorky kid from that Superbad movie. So you know what it's about, but maybe still aren't sure if Juno is worth seeing? If so, hopefully, the following 7 reasons why you should see the movie Juno will help you decide.

Reason: You Need to Know Ellen Page

The star of the movie Juno is the talented, but little known actress Ellen Page. Last year, she gave a buzz worthy performance in the overlooked film Hard Candy. But she is set to be crowned the next Indie Queen after audiences catch her flawless performance in Juno.

Reason: Proof Jennifer Garner Can Act

Juno is already receiving Oscar buzz in a variety of categories. The most surprising category to hear Juno Oscar talk, though, is that of Jennifer Garner for supporting actress. Jennifer Garner plays the part of Vanessa Loring, the potential adopting mother for Juno's baby. Even if her role in Juno does not lead to any nominations, it's still worth checking out.

Reason: We Heart Little Miss Sunshine

Juno is being called this year's Little Miss Sunshine.... only better. I can hardly wait.

Reason: Fond Memories of Arrested Development

Two stars of Arrested Development reunite in Juno: Jason Bateman and Michael Cera. Jason Bateman plays the part of Mark Loring, the potential adopting father for Juno's baby. Michael Cera plays the part of Paulie Bleeker, the teenage father of Juno's baby. Both actors are bound to bring to Juno what they brought to Arrested Development.

Reason: The Screenwriter Has a Name

Any film where the all too often ignored screenwriter is mentioned by name has to be a pretty good movie. In the case of Juno, the name being dropped is Diablo Cody. Cody has a distinctive voice and, mostly likely, the best shot at an actual Oscar nomination.

Reason: For the Love of Music

Familiar with Kimya Dawson? Juno is. And if you're not, you will be after seeing the movie Juno. The soundtrack is simply impossible to ignore.

Reason: Because the Critics Say So

"Juno defies expectations at every turn" says Kirk Honeycutt of The Hollywood Reporter.

"Cody's script is pure gold" says Kim Voynar of Cinematical.

"Page's phenomenal performance certainly plays a significant role in the film's success" says David Nusair of Reel Film Reviews.

Source: www.associatedcontent.com
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

crazy burgers
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Nov 18, 2008 3:31 am

to state the obvious; i am a fan of Ellen Page,and those reasons seem reasonbly. is it weird i have yet to see this film? i am not against, i am a fan of Kiyma Dawson, and the Moldy Peaches. the trailers i have had seen connected an interest to myself, i love wit and sarcasm. i also enjoyed Thank You For Smoking, so there is no negative reason i have not seen this film, i just have not.

[...]

to state the obvious; i am a fan of Ellen Page,and those reasons seem reasonbly. is it weird i have yet to see this film? i am not against, i am a fan of Kiyma Dawson, and the Moldy Peaches. the trailers i have had seen connected an interest to myself, i love wit and sarcasm. i also enjoyed Thank You For Smoking, so there is no negative reason i have not seen this film, i just have not.

[...]
Even as a member of the walking dead, I was not yet forsaken.

Ashkan

Dec 29, 2008 4:26 pm

I THINK IF SOMEONE DON`T SEE THIS MOVIE HAVE MADE A BIG MISTAKE

Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Jan 09, 2009 1:40 am

What?
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jan 09, 2009 4:02 am

:laugh:

I'm tippin he's saying "if you see this, you're crazy" but that's just me :biggrin:

Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Jan 09, 2009 7:13 am

:haha:
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

Ashkan

Feb 09, 2009 8:19 pm

no . i say : if you don`t see this movie . go and buy it and see it because it`s a great movie .

gLen

Feb 24, 2009 1:42 pm

they should watch it out right??
ahaha
it's nice and it can make you laugh..
UNIQUE right?
add me up
be with us

MrHedman
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Sep 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi, im new `ere......

Just wanted to say that i only need one reason to watch Juno = Ellen Page! :)

Cant remember when i saw a preformance like that in any movie to be honest.
The best actress i`ve seen i decades.

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 28, 2009 9:52 pm

MrHedman wrote:Hi, im new `ere......

Just wanted to say that i only need one reason to watch Juno = Ellen Page! :)

Cant remember when i saw a preformance like that in any movie to be honest.
The best actress i`ve seen i decades.
Decades? Just how old are you? :laugh:

Wecome to EPO, MrHedman.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 28, 2009 11:59 pm

Welcome MrHedman.....when you get a chance....you can introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself thread in the Off Topic section :)

And, I do understand "decades" :D Maybe I am not the only old person here...well I am not that old :D

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 29, 2009 1:28 am

You're never too old to be an Ellen Page fan.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 29, 2009 6:30 am

JerseyDevil65 wrote:You're never too old to be an Ellen Page fan.
I agree :agreeing:

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Sep 29, 2009 6:53 am

UCFRdWarrior wrote:And, I do understand "decades" :D Maybe I am not the only old person here...well I am not that old :D
As do I :laugh: There's always room for us oldies ;-)
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

MrHedman
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Sep 29, 2009 7:47 am

Thanx for the welcome folks :)

I might be a lil`bit older than most here, since im born in 1974, and that makes me 35 yrs old ;)

The reason im here is that i came across Juno on tv about a month ago, and i was realy impressed with Ellen`s preformance.
Since then i`ve bought/ordered all her films, still waiting for some to arrive in my mailbox, but i got Juno, The Stone Angel, Smart People, X-Men 3 and Regenesis so far.

Looking forward to spend some time here and talk about the best actress this planet have ever seen :)

Cheers from the land of the midnightsun 8-)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 30, 2009 6:53 pm

MrHedman wrote:Thanx for the welcome folks :)

I might be a lil`bit older than most here, since im born in 1974, and that makes me 35 yrs old ;)

The reason im here is that i came across Juno on tv about a month ago, and i was realy impressed with Ellen`s preformance.
Since then i`ve bought/ordered all her films, still waiting for some to arrive in my mailbox, but i got Juno, The Stone Angel, Smart People, X-Men 3 and Regenesis so far.

Looking forward to spend some time here and talk about the best actress this planet have ever seen :)

Someone close to my age...woo hoo :biggrin: Again, welcome MrHedman

I believe Norway will get Whip It (Ellen's new film) at the end of October 2009. In fact, Norway's Whip It release date was one of the first release dates published. Soon, Whip It will be in Norway

MrHedman
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Sep 30, 2009 7:00 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:
MrHedman wrote:Thanx for the welcome folks :)

Someone close to my age...woo hoo :biggrin: Again, welcome MrHedman

I believe Norway will get Whip It (Ellen's new film) at the end of October 2009. In fact, Norway's Whip It release date was one of the first release dates published. Soon, Whip It will be in Norway
Thanx yet again my friend :)

Know what!?
The last thing i read was that Norway will get Whip It on January 16th actually, dunno what happened.
That also happends to be my birthday He He.

What happened to the Introduce yourself topic btw?
I cant seem to find it anymore.

Thanx yet again for the warm welcomes folks :)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 01, 2009 8:46 pm

I wonder what happened to it, too, the Introduce Yourself thread....will check on it

JerseyDevil65
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Oct 01, 2009 10:27 pm

UCFRdWarrior wrote:I wonder what happened to it, too, the Introduce Yourself thread....will check on it
I wonder if it got deleted by accident. I did notice that my post count went down, so I guess Dominik was doing some cleaning.

rafa93

Sep 06, 2010 9:12 pm

hello, i'm new hear, i'm from spain and i loved ellen page in this movie, she made me laugh a lot and i think she did a fabulous representation of the character juno. Though i didn't like inicially the idea of the film, ellen's page awesome intepretation maked me fill the character and the movie. I hope that ellen does in a future more films of the magnificent quality as juno.