Annoying Picture

Page, Quaid, Church and Parker in one movie

Topic author
GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 17, 2010 10:03 pm

This is a small, tiny thing, but it's been irritating me since I saw the movie. Every time I find myself looking up Smart People I'm always drawn to this picture, but it wasn't actually in the movie, or the movie I saw anyway.

http://uk.imdb.com/media/rm2772866560/tt0858479

In the movie Ellen's not wearing the red hoodie during this scene, so where did the picture come from?
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

Glee Plane
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 17, 2010 10:20 pm

I don't remember seeing the red hoodie either. My guess is that during shooting, they shot the same scene with the red hoodie on and with only the gray shirt underneath. And in the final cut, they chose the gray shirt one.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 18, 2010 12:22 am

Yeah I think it's obviously just another shot.

Is it like the same red hoodie in every single movie? She wears a red jacket in every other movie :laugh: .

Topic author
GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 18, 2010 7:45 pm

^^ Interesting you say that. In Juno it was 'supposably' a reference to Hard Candy but in Hard Candy the actual hoody wasn't actually red, it was orange. It was changed in post-production.
In the country dead bodies live in swamps and ditches and shallow graves. A man dumps the body of a girl in a ditch. The body rotts melts into slime. Flowers pop up where the body lies, seeds fly out of the flowers and a bee sucks the flowers and makes honey. Then the family of the girl buys the honey from the store. And the family eats the girl.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 18, 2010 8:10 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:^^ Interesting you say that. In Juno it was 'supposably' a reference to Hard Candy but in Hard Candy the actual hoody wasn't actually red, it was orange. It was changed in post-production.
Hmmm it still looks red to me, red-orange actually. Swear I've seen it in another movie though, I can't figure out which ones.
[Update] Nevermind I get it, during shooting in HArd Candy it was orange then they changed it to red during post-production. Gotcha.
Last edited by HeartHer on Sep 19, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 18, 2010 8:14 pm

HeartHer wrote:
GiveHimTheKick wrote:^^ Interesting you say that. In Juno it was 'supposably' a reference to Hard Candy but in Hard Candy the actual hoody wasn't actually red, it was orange. It was changed in post-production.
Hmmm it still looks red to me, red-orange actually. Swear I've seen it in another movie though, I can't figure out which ones.
In Wilby Wonderful she wears one towards the beginning I do believe ;)

talkingraisin
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sep 30, 2010 9:14 am

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 30, 2010 9:50 am

talkingraisin wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPO7ylPrACo

She's wearing also hoodie :laugh:
Wow neat I've never seen these scene tests, they're pretty cool. I'll definitely go through all of them tomorrow, thanks!

Topic author
GiveHimTheKick
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Sep 30, 2010 5:49 pm

The screen-tests are on my Juno DVD, but they really confuse me since they were obviously done just after Ellen was playing Sylvia Likens (her slender frame) and I get flashbacks to 'An American Crime' whilst she's playing Juno.

HeartHer
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Sep 30, 2010 10:35 pm

GiveHimTheKick wrote:The screen-tests are on my Juno DVD, but they really confuse me since they were obviously done just after Ellen was playing Sylvia Likens (her slender frame) and I get flashbacks to 'An American Crime' whilst she's playing Juno.
Oh I hadn't noticed but they are on mine too :laugh: . Learn something new every day, I'll watch em.

I did notice there was something off about her appearance in the videos, I guess that's it, she had just played a malnourished, tortured girl, so I guess she was a bit skinnier from it.

GiveHimTheKick wrote:
HeartHer wrote:
In Wilby Wonderful she wears one towards the beginning I do believe ;)
Yeah she does, while running during the opening credits.