Coming Soon: X Men - First Class

Talk about Kitty Pryde and the other X-Men

woaitang

Feb 18, 2009 3:57 am

personally I like X-MeN very much.of course it will be fantastic kitty still can walk through walls in the new movie.

justagirrl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mar 06, 2009 10:20 am

One things for sure, she can demand as much money as she wants - she wasn't interested in doing it in the first place and needed to be convinced. Hollywood blockbusters just aren't her thing - thank god. They are bloody awful really aren't they..

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Mar 27, 2009 6:35 am

Of course that would depend on giving her more of a go at the script. It's a bit hard to develop a character when you only speak a handful of times.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like the X Men movies, I just hope if they do make another - Kitty gets more screen time ;) I'm not sure how EP will feel about doing it though :unhappy:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Lori wrote:Of course that would depend on giving her more of a go at the script. It's a bit hard to develop a character when you only speak a handful of times.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like the X Men movies, I just hope if they do make another - Kitty gets more screen time ;) I'm not sure how EP will feel about doing it though :unhappy:
Probably if the script is good, and gives more screen time to Kitty (Ellen)....I could see her reprising her X-Men role. If I remember right...Ellen mentioned once that she didnt like the waiting around before shooting her scenes when X-Men TLS was filmed

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Mar 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Yeah, I remember that interview. They were asking her what she thought about big budget sets.

She's contracted to do more anyways isn't she? So she probably won't have a choice. Now she has a much bigger name, I'm sure they'll expand Kitty's character if they do another :yes:

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Mar 29, 2009 1:50 am

Lori wrote:Yeah, I remember that interview. They were asking her what she thought about big budget sets.

She's contracted to do more anyways isn't she? So she probably won't have a choice. Now she has a much bigger name, I'm sure they'll expand Kitty's character if they do another :yes:
I remember reading that she is contracted to do a couple more X Men flicks.

It would make sense for the X Men people to expand Ellen's (Kitty) role.....I think a lot of what happens with the X Men series will depend on how well the Wolverine movie does

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Apr 15, 2009 11:17 am

It looks like there is no room for Kitty in the upcoming project because it will be about the inner circle of the X-Men (i.e. Storm, Jean, Beast). :kickrock:
Donner Hoping for X-Men: First Class Franchise
Source: Comics Continuum

"X-Men" franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner talked about possible spin-off X-Men: First Class on Fox Movie Channel's "Life after Film School."

"It is the first class of Xavier's school, way back when, so it's young Scott, young Jean, young Beast and that'll be really fun," Donner said. "I think (the plan) is to follow some of the characters into their own stories, and weave them back into the X-Men world.

"And hopefully 'First Class' will become its own franchise and we can follow them as they grow up."

She also said that a Magneto movie remains in development.

Source:www.comingsoon.net
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Apr 15, 2009 1:02 pm

:disappointed: Bugger! :whatever:

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Gutted :whatever:
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Dominik
Webmaster
Webmaster

Jun 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Good news; According to IGN and Worstpreviews, characters like Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat *will* appear in the upcoming "X Men - First Class", though filming and release dates are still unknown and this information hasn't been confirmed by other websites yet. Here are the articles:

Anna Paquin is Rogue in "X-Men: First Class"
06-03-2009 (12:30:32)

IGN had the chance to speak to actress Anna Paquin, who played Rogue in all three "X-Men" films, to find out if she will be reprising her role in the recently-announced "X-Men: First Class," which will include Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat.

"Absolutely. Yeah," she revealed. "I would hope I could do a little bit more action next time, though. I kind of find it ironic that I did three big action films and did, actually, no action whatsoever. I mean I got some really amazing emotional story moments, but I didn't really get to do the physical stuff."

She continued: "You know, as much as I loved doing those films I was kind of like, 'OK, so when do I get to beat someone up? When do I get to steal some powers?' You know Sookie [Paquin's 'True Blood' character] gets to do more action than Rogue ever did. So I'm just putting that out there. More action please, for next time."

Source:www.worstpreviews.com

Paquin Talks X-Men Future
Rogue chats with IGN about a return to the franchise.
by Matthew Fowler & Jim Vejvoda

US, June 2, 2009 - IGN chatted with True Blood star Anna Paquin this morning, during which time we had the chance to ask her about the possibility of returning to the X-Men franchise. The Oscar-winning actress played Rogue in the first three X-Men films.

When it was announced that Josh Schwartz was writing X-Men: First Class, Variety said that the movie would likely "enlist such characters as Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat."

So would Paquin be up for playing Rogue again? "Absolutely. Yeah," she told us. "I would hope I could do a little bit more action next time, though. I kind of find it ironic that I did three big action films and did, actually, no action whatsoever. I mean I got some really amazing emotional story moments, but I didn't really get to do the physical stuff."

She continued, "You know, as much as I loved doing those films I was kind of like, 'OK, so when do I get to beat someone up? When do I get to steal some powers?' You know Sookie [Paquin's True Blood character] gets to do more action than Rogue ever did. So I'm just putting that out there. More action please, for next time."

Source:uk.movies.ign.com
There's nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 04, 2009 6:16 am

Great find, Dominik :super: Would be so cool if Ellen returns as Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde) in a larger role

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jun 04, 2009 7:41 am

Thanks Dom :thumbsup:
UCFRdWarrior wrote:Great find, Dominik :super: Would be so cool if Ellen returns as Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde) in a larger role
Yeah, I would be totally stoked for this to happen. I am one of the few (it seems) that actually really liked the X Men movies.

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Jun 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Lori wrote: I am one of the few (it seems) that actually really liked the X Men movies.
Really? I know quite a lot of people who liked them.
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Joe R.
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jun 05, 2009 9:17 am

LostPilgrim wrote:
Lori wrote: I am one of the few (it seems) that actually really liked the X Men movies.
Really? I know quite a lot of people who liked them.
Yea but don't forget you live in england :) ...
Our dreams keep us youthful and alive,the very breath which helps us thrive.
Our dreams are tangible and they keep us optimistic.
It's intangible when our dreams go from a dream to becoming realistic.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jun 05, 2009 9:19 am

I quite enjoyed them. :noclue:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jun 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Really Miles? I know this is off topic but the X Men series really didn't rate high on your list of what I though :noclue:

Sorry OT... but a little surprising. I've known you for almost 18 months I should've known that :laugh:

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Jun 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Joe R. wrote:Yea but don't forget you live in england :) ...
:tart:

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jun 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Lori wrote:Really Miles? I know this is off topic but the X Men series really didn't rate high on your list of what I though :noclue:

Sorry OT... but a little surprising. I've known you for almost 18 months I should've known that :laugh:
On my list of Ellen movies it doesn't rate that high, but as a fun action movie series it was quite good. The first one was probably my favourite.

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Jul 16, 2009 5:57 am

bobbydean wrote:Where in X-men Last Stand does she play, at about what Time Point in the film?
Her character, while a secondary one, makes appearances throughout the film.

zane
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Jul 18, 2009 5:47 am

its kinda close to the end of the movie where the big battle is goin on with pheonix,the one running through wall with juggernaut chasing her that's ellen,i cant exactly remember the smart ass comment she says to the juggernaut but it's funny