Coming Soon: X Men - First Class

Talk about Kitty Pryde and the other X-Men

Topic author
patti_cake

Nov 19, 2008 7:45 am

check this out: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23703

The article seemed pessimistic that Ellen would still be interested to reprise her Kitty Pryde role but what do you guys think?

Maybe that's why she's been seen hanging out with GG castmembers Ed W & Chace C, maybe they've been tapped to convince her to sign on. Heh. ;)

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 19, 2008 8:32 am

patti_cake wrote:check this out: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23703

The article seemed pessimistic that Ellen would still be interested to reprise her Kitty Pryde role but what do you guys think?

Maybe that's why she's been seen hanging out with GG castmembers Ed W & Chace C, maybe they've been tapped to convince her to sign on. Heh. ;)
Interesting....

I cant remember where...but I read something once that Ellen had to sign up for three X Men films to play Kitty Pryde in XM-The Last Stand....I wish I could locate where I read that

minusthespazz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 19, 2008 2:03 pm

I would love to see this! I would have loved more of Ellen the last stand, so hopefully there will be more if she is in this one

madeincanada
Fan of Pagey
Fan of Pagey

Nov 19, 2008 11:40 pm

I can't remember where but I'm pretty sure I read once that Ellen is contracted to play Kitty Pryde in future X-Men installments. I think it was even her quoted as saying that, not just mentioned by the author of the article. Soooo.....she may have not have a choice in whether she does this or not! Hollywood can be pretty weird with it's "three picture deals/contracts" etc.

Wish I could find the article! I may look around and if I find it, I'll post a link....

ETA: Found it...thanks to Dom's awesome Press Archive!!! http://movies.about.com/od/xmen3/a/xmen3041106.htm

Here is the part where she mentions more movies:

Page had so much fun she wouldn't mind revisiting the character a couple more times. Although it's rumored that X-Men: The Last Stand will be the last movie featuring the band of mutants, Page has signed on for more should the opportunity present itself. "Yeah, kind of," said Page, adding, "but it doesn’t mean that there’s going to be those films. Really I know as much as anyone else does on the planet."

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Nov 20, 2008 12:39 am

Yeah, I remember that article as well. But to be honest, I quite liked the movies so I would be alright with her playing Kitty again. I think, given her stature these days, they might even give her more of a role to play which would be awesome! More Ellen could never be a bad thing :biggrin:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

dodom
Neon Chuck Norris
Neon Chuck Norris

Nov 20, 2008 12:40 am

It seems like they would take the opportunity to cash in on Ellen's new found stardom and make more movies with her having a larger starring role. What a good find for them to have cast her before she was such a well-known actress, especially since she has already signed on to do more.

And it would be fun to see her in this role with more action scenes and all. I hope this does come through. :)
She said i'm more like a fool for soul and passion

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Nov 20, 2008 12:42 am

I certainly can't complain about Ellen getting more screentime :)
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

madeincanada
Fan of Pagey
Fan of Pagey

Nov 20, 2008 2:25 am

LostPilgrim wrote:I certainly can't complain about Ellen getting more screentime :)
Me neither, especially since it seems as if this movie is going to focus only on the young X-Men....meaning lots and lots of Ellen!

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Nov 20, 2008 6:19 am

Thanks for locating that article Janie...appreciate it :)

Yep I would love to see Ellen reprise Kitty Pryde....and have a lrgaer role if more X-Men films are made

interpol17
Knows all movies
Knows all movies

Nov 23, 2008 4:15 pm

if that happen is going to be the best thing in the world
i want to see Ellen like Kittie again
that is so awesome
more Ellen yeah!!!!!
:biggrin:
No matter what everybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
Formerly known as Spain14 :)

crazy burgers
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Nov 23, 2008 9:58 pm

I've got Kitty Pryde. :D

I think it would be wise if they made more x-men films to focus more on the younger mutants
Even as a member of the walking dead, I was not yet forsaken.

N3mesis
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 13, 2008 12:19 am

The New X-Men will maybe play in the past thought some one on the Internet but when they contacted Ellen for playing the role again as Kitty i think it wouldnt made sense to let it play in the past. What eva we will see the result ^^
3DS Modeling, Coding, Animating, Texture and Soundartists!

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 13, 2008 5:39 am

im not really i superhero movies, but if Ellen is signed on- I'M TOTALLY DOWN!

junebug
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 15, 2008 11:46 am

oh yeaaah

xmen is my fave movie and plus, ellen on it.

i would love to see more ellen as Kitty Pryde..

thanks for the news :yellowink:

Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Dec 22, 2008 11:51 pm

Dude. that. would. be

AWESOME

X men rules :totalhappy: :shocked: :purpleconfused:
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

XxbxyboolaxX
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Jan 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Most of you probably already know this by now but i thought i would post it anyway. That this year there's going to be a new x-men film released called 'x-men origin: Wolverine' but unfortunetly its about him before he joined the x-men so will not include many of the old characters. :disappointed: Then in 2011 they're thinking of releasing a film about Magneto, so i'm hoping somewhen in the future they will include the other x-men characters [e.g. Kitty Pryde] = hopefully more Ellen! :bluehappy: :brightly:

Forum Shark
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jan 18, 2009 10:45 pm

Check it out! Coincidentally just read this this morning. Thank goodness for me!

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/11/19/x ... happening/
"The worst enemy in a battle of the wits is the one who is too witless to comprehend defeat"-JTHM

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jan 19, 2009 1:53 am

:stare: Ummm yes, thank goodness for you Shark :laugh: Thanks for posting... and welcome to the board :)

Here's the article...

The Avengers won't be the only Marvel superteam on the big screen -- the X-Men are returning! According to Variety, 20th Century Fox is kicking X-Men: First Class into gear by hiring Josh Schwartz to pen the screenplay. Schwartz was also offered the director's chair, but he declined, leaving the job open for now. Schwartz's specialty is teen fare -- he's the man behind Gossip Girl, The OC, and Chuck. Happily, Lauren Shuler Donner will be producing, so it should stay on the right track, and not stray too far into silly teen fare.

The studio is keeping quiet on the finer points, but it's unlikely that it will revolve around the teenage versions of Cyclops & Co, as the series X-Men: First Class actually does. Instead, they'll be using the young X-wannabes introduced in the previous three films, like Iceman, Angel, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee (if you can call her cameo an introduction), and Colossus. I'd love it if they kept it current to the comics by mixing some of the Astonishing students, like Blindfold and Armor in -- especially if Armor replaced Jubilee.

It's inevitable that several of the young X-Men will be recast, as I don't see Ellen Page :disappointed: Ben Foster, or Anna Paquin returning, though Shawn Ashmore might. There's also hints that Fox might recast some of the established X-Men in order to keep them around -- but given who was left standing at X3, that amounts to Beast and Storm, because you know Hugh Jackman would be willing to pop his claws in a scene or two. (Oh, my geek heart would soar if they would take his friendship with Kitty Pryde and run with it!)
:stare: (Imma thinking I'd like to see that too!) While I know this has the potential to be teen fluff, I'm actually pretty excited by this. The X-Men will always be my favorite superhero team, and I'll take a new class if it means seeing them on the screen again. I won't take The O.C. with mutant powers, though, so let's hope this is done relatively classy.

EP might be in this one as the writer hasn't done their homework. She's contracted for another movie yeah? Sooooo :veryexited: Even though this is a couple years away, I'd be very excited to see it :yes: Fingers crossed to hear some more on this soon... :totalhappy:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

Mic
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Jan 19, 2009 1:59 am

I saw this trailer at the movie theater and at first I was excited but then I realized it was like allll about Wolverine so yea after that I highly doubted Ellen would be in it.
ImageImageImage

BigBigBill
The Biggest Fan
The Biggest Fan

Jan 19, 2009 4:08 am

Mic, I miss you.
When she opens her mouth, the universe comes out.