Is Jeff a bad person?(Spoilers)

Hayley vs. Jeff - Here are the Hard Candy topics

studnothin
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Oct 02, 2009 9:22 am

not to get too technical, but no one really has any "rights," we just have documents indicating the extent of retribution inflicted upon us if we misbehave--and certainly none of us have any rights to defend acts of inflicting harm on others irrespective of the intent or cause (vigilante justice anyone?). the point? have you're conviction if you want, and do whatever it is you're going to do, just don't expect any protection at the end of it--and moreover, it's probably safe to expect a similar set of repercussions.

besides, don't blame polanski--blame the hot-tub.
Though, I don't know how well a crushed lunchbox with a spear through it would work...

rburton1228

Oct 02, 2009 3:55 pm

In all retrospec, anyone whos does such a sick thing like this will always be condemmed by society for the rest of their life. No matter how liberal you want to be towards Jeff, the fact of the matter is he's dispicable. Maybe he had a traumatic childhood, but it's the actions he takes that makes him who he is. Once you've made this kind of deal with satan, it's hard to take it back.

boor
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Oct 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Is Jeff bad person? It’s not question for me. Of course yes. These talks about “this is not his fault, this is guilty of society/childhood” in context of guilty, sounds like total crap for me (not in context of preventiveness). The man must take responsibility for his actions. But it is bad when 14 years old girl decides guiltiness and what responsibility. Besides I think Haley was really lucky. Sooner or later she must meet an adult, who’s being more cunning, sly, artful, smarter and mentally stronger than teenage girl, even smart one.
Sorry for bad English. It's not my native language.