Hard Candy may be one of the best Ellen movies!

Hayley vs. Jeff - Here are the Hard Candy topics

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 07, 2009 6:40 am

I think Ellen's eyes in the new HC DVD cover are from the lighting...and not any deliberate color change....I noticed on some of the photos on EPO that her eyes in some photos are lighter color than in others...brown eyes tend to do that (being brown eyed myself...I see that in the few photos I have)

I like the older HC cover better, too.....I think the other one is the newer cover that they started selling after Juno became big.....In the past few months I have seen a lot of HC DVDs available everywhere with the new cover.....earlier in 2008 I struggled to find one HC DVD...and it was a used copy

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jan 07, 2009 10:44 am

Hmmm, I have brown eyes as well but mine never change with different light :noclue: Admittedly, they are quite dark... Ellen's are a little lighter than mine.

I haven't actually ever seen a copy of HC - old or new cover, in any store in Melbourne. They say they can order it but it's not readily available. I always look for any EP dvds as I still haven't seen WW or MB :whatever: I got mine off ebay and it was second hand - old cover :D
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Jan 07, 2009 11:42 am

UCFDan wrote:(being brown eyed myself...I see that in the few photos I have)
The photos that you're hiding from us? :rolleye:
Lori wrote:I haven't actually ever seen a copy of HC - old or new cover, in any store in Melbourne
That's quite odd that a big city like Melbourne wouldn't have any stores that sell it; I got HC and TTF in York and that's quite a small city.
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Baboon
The Biggest Fan
The Biggest Fan

Jan 07, 2009 11:44 am

LostPilgrim wrote:The photos that you're hiding from us? :rolleye:
Not anymore :wink:

Lori worked her magic again

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jan 07, 2009 1:28 pm

LostPilgrim wrote:That's quite odd that a big city like Melbourne wouldn't have any stores that sell it; I got HC and TTF in York and that's quite a small city.
I must admit, I've not looked down the city stores but the ones around here definitely don't carry it. Plus, it is Australia :laugh:
Baboon wrote:Not anymore :wink: Lori worked her magic again
:mwahaha:

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Jan 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Where are they, then?
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 08, 2009 6:13 am

Photos of me more important than Ellen's...wow :laugh:

But I can understand Lori having a hard time finding HC in Oz...I struggled finding a copy in Florida AND Canada...when I was in Canada March '08 I checked some video stores (Edmonton, Winnipeg) and couldnt find HC...you figure at least they would have their home girl's movies :laugh:

OK granted those two cities are as far removed from the Maritimes...but couldnt find it there

Now...the Wal-Mart grocery store near where my dad lives has HC DVDs in front of the register....my things have changed in the past few months :D

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 08, 2009 6:36 am

in wal-mart? at the front register no less? who knew HC could be a last minute decision item like snickers or altoids!

dodom
Neon Chuck Norris
Neon Chuck Norris

Jan 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Baboon wrote:
LostPilgrim wrote:The photos that you're hiding from us? :rolleye:
Not anymore :wink:

Lori worked her magic again
Really? I'd be very interested to see where said magic can be found. :)

That's awesome that Wal-mart is selling HC at the front counter. Really awesome! I haven't seen it locally, but it's cool that a Wal-Mart somewhere is doing that. There is no doubt it is one of, if not the best, EP movie, and it is easily one of the better movies I have seen in a very long time. More people should know about this movie!
She said i'm more like a fool for soul and passion

Carlo Von Sexron
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Jan 11, 2009 10:30 am

Heh, it's hilariously ironic that a store that's notorious for editing the CD's they sell for language is selling a movie about castrating pedophiles right over the counter. :laugh:
"We danced in graveyards with vampires till dawn
We laughed in the faces of kings never afraid to burn..."

billy zero

Jan 13, 2009 5:22 am

definitely my favorite Ellen Page movie so far. It had a great mood to it, not too much music in the movie at all. However, that song when she danced is awesome (LFO-Freak) it has a good groove.

Forum Shark
True Ellen Page Fan
True Ellen Page Fan

Feb 06, 2009 4:15 am

I would say my favourite Ellen Page movie. Maybe even my favourite movie. One question, though. Why is it called Hard Candy? It doesn't make sense to me.
"The worst enemy in a battle of the wits is the one who is too witless to comprehend defeat"-JTHM

Baboon
The Biggest Fan
The Biggest Fan

Feb 06, 2009 4:33 am

Forum Shark wrote:I would say my favourite Ellen Page movie. Maybe even my favourite movie. One question, though. Why is it called Hard Candy? It doesn't make sense to me.
Simple but cheesy answer....Hayley was Jeff's candy, but she didn't just melt in his hand like he expected.

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Apr 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Yeah that, as well as "Hard Candy" is what pedophiles call a potential victim....

Definition

Jeff.
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Jun 24, 2009 2:02 pm

I found the movie great especially because most of the time, you don't know who to root for. Like, if it weren't for Ellen, I'd probably be rooting for Jeff, at least up until the end, he seemed honest enough :P

angie
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jun 24, 2009 6:47 pm

ugh....don't remind me of how much i miss my hc dvd. damn my house that eats everything up! >_<

AtheneWon

Nov 07, 2009 10:02 am

I watched Hard Candy for the first time yesterday.. it was actually also my first thriller movie. My hopes weren't high, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it!

rburton1228

Nov 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Well...the first time I saw the film, I have to admit that I was frightened to death by some of it. Not just for the subject matter but for what Haley literally does to Jeff is so hard to take in. Now that I got more used to watching it, I pretty well do mark it as one of my favorite films, but sadly not my first choice because currently "Smart People ranks up there for me as my #1 Ellen movie. Still what Ellen Page and Patrick Wilson did with this movie with their performances is so memorable that this film is literally a cult classic. What i love the most like what someone else also stated was the commentary, and I just love to listen to Ellen go into details about the film. Fellas, lets be fair, the girl is as beautiful as she is intelligent that she's friggin amazing.

ltjfleetwood41
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Nov 07, 2009 10:46 pm

I truly believe she should have won the Oscar for this movie.