Hard Candy may be one of the best Ellen movies!

Hayley vs. Jeff - Here are the Hard Candy topics

Topic author
Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Dec 22, 2008 11:30 pm

I can't believe no one has posted anything about hard candy yet, it's easily one of my favorite movies of all time. I've even gotten my friends to love it! Plus the commentary is just as good as watching the movie, so it's two movies in one :totalhappy:
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Dec 23, 2008 12:24 am

I lent a friend a copy of my DVD and he said it was one of the best films he'd ever seen :yellowhappy:
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Dec 23, 2008 1:14 am

My copy is still residing with somebody else... Seems to happen a lot :laugh:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Topic author
Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Dec 23, 2008 5:08 am

My friend Ania loves it :agreeing: She also likes to watch it when she goes through a "man-hate" stage :laugh:

We also watch it when we play a game called "Face." The rules are: you take a drink when ever a character's face takes up an entire frame from forehead to chin. Best movie ever for this game! :partydrink:
What if I wasn't Christian right now? That'd be awkward. ... Could you imagine if I was like, hm. I celebrate Ka-wanza.

It's so funny when people try to label me a cool, indie girl. No, I’m pretty sure I was in a movie called I Downloaded a Ghost.

happytimeharry
Peacock Hunter
Peacock Hunter

Dec 23, 2008 5:22 am

I agree with ya, Chels. The commentary is ace!

This reminds me, it's probably been well over a month and a half since I've actually sat down and watched Hard Candy, or any other EP movie for that matter... :confused:
Chelsea wrote:
We also watch it when we play a game called "Face." The rules are: you take a drink when ever a character's face takes up an entire frame from forehead to chin. Best movie ever for this game! :partydrink:
Hahaha, I'm so going to try that.
The world must know my story, So long Amory

Please drive me home one last time

bluetoes591
Internet Ninja
Internet Ninja

Dec 23, 2008 5:29 am

Chelsea wrote:My friend Ania loves it :agreeing: She also likes to watch it when she goes through a "man-hate" stage :laugh:

Does she go through man-hate stages often? :stare:

I'm thinking there's a lot of drinking with that movie :laugh:
EPO's only formerly bi-coastal member.

Gunnar
Potential EP Fan
Potential EP Fan

Dec 23, 2008 5:47 am

bluetoes591 wrote:
Chelsea wrote:My friend Ania loves it :agreeing: She also likes to watch it when she goes through a "man-hate" stage :laugh:

Wouldn't be a very smart move for a guy to be around when Ania and Chels are playing faced together while watching Hard Candy I bet, at least I'd make sure to be sober.

Edit: But though I love HC I'm having a hard time getting myself to rewatch any movies these days so Ellen better start doing more movies! ;-)

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Dec 23, 2008 1:52 pm

That sounds like a good drinking game :yes: There's a North by Northwest one where you have a drink everytime someone says George Caplin or Roger Thornhill, and you're only allowed to go to the toilet when his mother appeared on screen.
This is where my signature will go. My signature will go here. It will be a good signature. You will look at it and say: "That is a signature."

Topic author
Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Dec 23, 2008 7:29 pm

Gunnar wrote:
bluetoes591 wrote:

Wouldn't be a very smart move for a guy to be around when Ania and Chels are playing faced together while watching Hard Candy I bet, at least I'd make sure to be sober.
:mwahaha:

She goes through them every now and again :laugh:

The amount of drinking with this movie is pretty ridiculous :biggrin: It's really fun though, and a great lazy game :laugh:

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Oh yeah....there would be a lot of drinking w that Hard Candy game :partydrink: And just hope the loser isnt shortchanged a couple of things :biggrin:

Robert
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dec 25, 2008 9:55 pm

I watched it last night -- very good movie -- acting was superb :D
Knowledge is power and without power, you're nobody. -Self

Topic author
Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Dec 28, 2008 1:55 am

A friend of mine got it for me for Christmas (the old cover, too!) I can't believe I didn't own it before. I watched the commentary again last night, it's so funny :agreeing:

thereoncewasabug
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Chelsea wrote:A friend of mine got it for me for Christmas (the old cover, too!) I can't believe I didn't own it before. I watched the commentary again last night, it's so funny :agreeing:
Wait, there's a new cover?! :uhoh: This seems vaguely familiar to me. Is it the one with Haley peering through the drapes?

(You're tempting me into watching HC again... Must. Resist. Time sink.. :sweating2: :hmmmm: :biggrin:)
-"The things you do wrong, they haunt you." "Nah, I mean I'm already pregnant, so what other shenanigans could I get into?"
-"When is it acceptable to use our power and when do we cross that invisible line that turns us into tyrants over our fellow man?" "Silencio, old man!"

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am

My friend recently was asking me random questions (I'm assuming it was to figure out what to get me/make me for christmas) and so he asked me what my favorite movie was. and of course this is impossible. So I just told him "I love Ellen Page" and he said "Is Juno your favorite?" and I replied "actually, I might like Hard Candy a little more" and so he was like "what's it about" and I said "borrow it...there is no ways I'm telling you anything about it" so then I get a text message at like midnight that says "whoa....hard candy" haha. So he loves it to death and now he loves talking about it. I'm pleased. and try having a deep convo about the movie in front of another friend when you're trying not to give out spoilers.

UCFRdWarrior
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Dec 30, 2008 5:41 am

CinemaDust wrote:My friend recently was asking me random questions (I'm assuming it was to figure out what to get me/make me for christmas) and so he asked me what my favorite movie was. and of course this is impossible. So I just told him "I love Ellen Page" and he said "Is Juno your favorite?" and I replied "actually, I might like Hard Candy a little more" and so he was like "what's it about" and I said "borrow it...there is no ways I'm telling you anything about it" so then I get a text message at like midnight that says "whoa....hard candy" haha. So he loves it to death and now he loves talking about it. I'm pleased. and try having a deep convo about the movie in front of another friend when you're trying not to give out spoilers.
:super: Thats so cool to hear. So cool to hear your friend likes Hard Candy.

Yep its tough to discuss a movie without giving out spoilers....esp with the subject matter of Hard Candy.

Mic_Tester
EP - Beginner
EP - Beginner

Dec 31, 2008 9:01 pm

This movie was the first of hers that I saw and my favorite out of all of the ones I've seen. I've let so many people watch this movie because of how awesome it is. Before I let people see this movie they just knew her as "the Juno girl." The night I was given my Juno and Bleeker cardboard cut-outs I went to my friends mom's house to watch a movie and I walked up to the apartment with the Juno cut-out, my friend's mom asked me about her and I told her she needs to check out Hard Candy. So, I let her borrow it. I left the cut-out in her apartment while we went down to the theatre to watch a movie and I told her "Make sure she doesn't fall... don't wanna lose the baby."

A few months later we got into another discussion about Ellen and I talked to her about Hard Candy (she loved the movie so went out and bought it) and I told her she needs to check out The Tracey Fragments because it's an amazing movie also. Last week I went to my friends house and low and behold, he had his moms copy of Tracey Fragments that she told him to check out. I made his mom a huge fan of hers which is really cool to me.

But, to get back on subject. I love love this movie. Like I said, it was the first one I ever saw when I was randomly flipping through the channels and it was on Showtime early last year. This is the movie I always tell people to check out and so far everyone loves it but a lot of my guy friends said they can't watch it because of the castration scene. Even though it didn't actually happen and she was just messing with the guy, they said that scene made them afraid of her. I told them that that was the movie that made me believe she was a great actress and made me attracted to her in an odd way.
"As soon as someone is identified as an unsung hero, he no longer is."

CinemaDust
Must be a Haligonian
Must be a Haligonian

Jan 01, 2009 3:41 am

omg you guys. I haven't watched this movie in a while (alot of movies that I LOOOOOVE I only watch so often so I don't get tired of them, especially ones as intense as this movie) and I'm like sighing every five seconds at either the killer acting, or that beautiful beautiful shots. I just love this freaking movie. and the writing of the movie is brilliant. Even my friend said "it's a very quotable movie".
You probably saw on my Facebook, that I decided to make this the last movie I see in 2008. I'm definitely ending the year out right.

oh. I keep forgetting to mention something that truly creeps me out. Why on earth are Ellen's eyes blue on the 2nd dvd cover art?

It freaks my beans.

Topic author
Chelsea
Whip It Extra
Whip It Extra

Jan 06, 2009 9:46 am

Whoa. Another reason I'm glad I have the old cover :agreeing:

Lori
Aussie Queen Lorz
Aussie Queen Lorz

Jan 06, 2009 11:59 am

:noclue: How bizarre! Her eyes are quite prominent in this movie, why would they change the colour. It could just be the light which makes them seem a bit greener in the original pic and they decided to lighten them up further? Stoooopid!

I have the old cover too :yes: And I totally agree with everything you said Linds :thumbsup:
Thanks to Milo (bluetoes) for creating this fabulous sig for us over 25ers

LostPilgrim
Jolly Fine Chap
Jolly Fine Chap

Jan 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Hmmm, I don't like that DVD cover at all Image The other one's much better :agreeing: